“Easy and Painless”
Review of The Snorkel Store

The Snorkel Store
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our Lahaina location has been open since July 2012. It's located in a very convenient location right off Honoapiilani HWY 30. We have recently expanded to offer more retail options as well as Hawaiian Shave Ice. All snorkel rentals come with mask, snorkel, fins, defog, carrying bag and customized snorkeling map for your party. We also rent mobile cabanas, surfboards and SUP boards by the day or week. Make sure to ask about our activity and tour deals and discounts. We act as a broker for over 92 fun and reputable Maui activity companies like Ziplines, Boat Tours, Dinner Cruises and Luaus.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We rented snorkel gear for 2 from the Snorkel Store in Lahaina, HI. Dan and his staff were extremely helpful. We had tons of fun snorkeling at every location the staff recommended. We prepuchased online and got a free Boogie Board for the week as well. Also they helped me set up reservations for surf lessons for my husband. Highly recommend the Snorkel Store.

All reviews
"black rock"
"sea turtles"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is great for renting all you need for snorkeling. As we talked to the guys we realized a much greater potential for our vacation experiences. The quality of the equipment far surpasses anything we could have rented from the resort or while on the boat trip. It was awesome having our own gear all week while we were there. We rented a paddle board and booked a snorkeling boat trip as well. The guys are very knowledgeable and cool to talk to. We will go there again when we return to Maui and highly recommend you do too.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed October 11, 2013

First, if you are staying in Ka'anapali, this is the easiest snorkel store to get to. Second, the folks in the store are helpful and friendly, making sure we got a great deal and that we found the best spots to snorkel. We will definitely come back to The Snorkel Store in Ka'anapali.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

What more can you say: the best of everything for snorkeling rental: equipment, price, service ( be sure to get the 2 for 1 rental). It is a the top of my recommendations for visitors

1  Thank randallurban
See more reviews
Reviewed October 6, 2013

First off not all adds are what they say they are. These guys are very different for they truly have honest adds. You will find that most of the adds and so called deals in Hawaii have a hard sell side, you see they bring you in with the 5$ snorkeling rental and then tell you if want to really enjoy your snorkeling you need to move up to the 20$ gear. Not to worry the folk at the " The snorkel Store" pride them selves as the we rent the best equipment at the price we advertise.
Now let tell you about our trip. We stayed at the Royal lahaina hotel to Celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary we took this trip to completely unplug, no smartphone, laptop, surface or even a rental car. Our deal was if we couldn't swim, walk or ride a bike to our destinations they were not worth going to. Well we were blessed by this decision for everything we wanted to do was available via these forms of transportation. That is where "The snorkel store" made feel so special for they not only rented us our snorkel gear at sweat deal but when we mentioned we were looking to rent bike the sales person "K2" said your wish is my command for we just signed a deal to start renting out bikes and you and your bride can be our first-ever renters. We jumped at this chance and they had two brand new Men's and woman's beach cruisers for us at 9:30am the next morning. My bride and I so enjoyed pedaling up and down lower rd. On our trip north on lower road we pulled into Po Ha Ku park to watch the sea turtle. But when we started off again I was dead in my tracks for my bike had a flat. Like I said we were unplugged so with out a cell phone I had to ask a local if I could use their phone to call "The Snorkel Store". This local was blown away at how we decided to be unplugged and called the number to "The snorkel Store" as quickly as possible. Once connected with the sales staff and explained our predicament they had not a tire repair on they way but a new complete bike. The new bike was in my hands and the one with the flat loaded in the truck in less than twenty minutes from when I got off the borrowed cell phone. Now that is customer service we all long for and these guys truly provide it.
I have talked "The Snorkel Store" up while in Hawaii and know that many of the folks I told showed up in the store saying they heard about the store from the "unplugged" couple. So now I am telling even more folks to please try "The Snorkel Store" you will not be disappointed.

Eric and Carol