“Best service and best deal.”
Review of The Snorkel Store

The Snorkel Store
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our Lahaina location has been open since July 2012. It's located in a very convenient location right off Honoapiilani HWY 30. We have recently expanded to offer more retail options as well as Hawaiian Shave Ice. All snorkel rentals come with mask, snorkel, fins, defog, carrying bag and customized snorkeling map for your party. We also rent mobile cabanas, surfboards and SUP boards by the day or week. Make sure to ask about our activity and tour deals and discounts. We act as a broker for over 92 fun and reputable Maui activity companies like Ziplines, Boat Tours, Dinner Cruises and Luaus.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were walking through Lahaina looking for a place to rent snorkel equipment. We had gone into a couple of places when we stumbled on The Snorkel Store and met the owner Daniel. we thought his prices were the same as elsewhere, until he told us that when you rent one set, the second is free. He just became half the price. As great as that was, the best part is the quality of his equipment. The best. My wife and kids swim well and have no problem snorkeling, but the same can't be said for me. He made sure the equipment fit everyone perfectly, got a floatation device for me so I felt more relaxed and even gave us advice and maps of where the best places to snorkel were. Better service, equipment of price won't be found. When we went to return the equipment after 12 days, he even remembered all our names, so tell him Simon sent you.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Daniel was a great help in making our first rip to Maui a memorable experience.
We wanted to snorkel, but as first-timers we needed help. He suggested a snorkel tour where we could learn to snorkel, as well as visit off shore locations. Other tour companies just go along the shore to snorkel sites that we later drove to. We got the best snorkel locations and lessons!
Daniel also helped us arrange tickets to a luau also. I think luaus are very overpriced with sub-par food, so Daniel suggested a 'cocktail only' show. A much preferred way to enjoy a luau!
They also offer camera masks!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fast, friendly, knowledgeable and great pricing!

We vacationed in Maui last week and we rented beach chairs and snorkel gear.

Everything was ready to go and we got fit for the fins right then. We were out of there and on our way in 20 minutes. Easy drop-off on the way back to the airport also.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the first review I have taken the time to write on TripAdvisor, but I felt that this was such an exceptional place that I should do it.

Daniel and the team are really friendly people - they single-handedly improved our honeymoon with their friendliness, promptness and efficiency - they are gifted for making you feel at home even when you are many miles away.

We rented the equipment on the way to our ferry, and then used it Lana'i, having the cab stop by on the way to the airport (2 min. detour) to return it.

The equipment was top-notch and worked perfectly - we could float comfortably and just watch fish with a perfectly unobstructed view the whole time. Their instructions for how to get the most out of snorkeling equipment definitely helped too.

Anyway, this may seem over the top but that was how the experience felt, so I thought it was commensurate - definitely come to this place without hesitation.

1  Thank N W
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been to Maui five times and rented snorkel gear everytime my family and I have been there. This was the first time renting from "The Snorkel Store" and was by far the best experience I have had with any business in Maui. They had the best and nicest service you could ever ask for, they had superb knowledge of where to go for the best snorkeling , there equipment was top notch and in excellent condition and there price's where the ABSOLUTE BEST in Maui. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank dreamcards