“Wonderful, More Intimate Luau”
Review of Feast At Lele

Ranked #5 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
Orlando, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Wonderful, More Intimate Luau”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Feast at Lele is a wonderful option for couples especially IMO. It's a much smaller crowd, smaller tables as a rule, and no buffet lines. This is a Polynesian luau, not just a Hawaiian luau like the wonderful, but different Old Lahaina Luau. Being Polynesian, you do get fire dancers, though that is not what attracted us to Feast at Lele, by any means. We wanted to experience the table service and the division of courses & dances by Polynesian islands, which was very interesting. The various foods from the different islands in Polynesia were served simultaneously with the same island's dances.

The setting is lovely, as is OLL, right on the beach at sunset. You just can't beat either luau's location. We really enjoyed the service, and the fact that there were almost no children. Please do not take that wrong, I have children and love children. But sometimes when you are paying a premium price for a premium experience, you prefer not to have it spoiled by screaming. We took my tiny grand daughter (she turned 1 that day) to OLL, had asked for the traditional seating up front (on cushions with low tables) and it was perfect to keep her happy, so as not to disturb others. Personally, I would not recommend Feast at Lele for those with small children, or children that cannot sit still in one place for an entire show. For adults and older kids, I highly recommend Feast at Lele IF all parties have adventurous palates, for the food is very different from the everyday. The dancers were lovely and superb and the service was terrific!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Southerngirl808

• Korean first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

To be quite honest, I wasn't expecting much- I've heard of the Hawaiian luau horror stories. I was so very surprised!!! This was amazing! One of the high points of or trip! We were so close to the dancers- everyone there was. Amazing service! Amazing food- which isn't buffet style, but served to you in courses. I can't say enough about this event- we are planning to go back next year and this will be the second reservation I make after our condo. The photographers were so great! And, here I already scheduled a professional photo shoot at one of the beaches later in the trip- shoot! This photos turned out perfect and I just wasted $700 on the photos later. Really- go to this luau! You won't be disappointed no mater how high your expectations!

1 Thank alivnelve
Edmonton, Alberta
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We really enjoyed the show (the dancers were very good) and being served our dinner. Not having to get up and stand in lines to get our food was very nice. The serving staff was extremely friendly and were always checking our table for drinks (which were extremely good, both alcoholic and non) and bringing more food. The food was very good considering we had never tried any of the dishes before. My only wish was that they would have asked if we wanted more of the pork!!!! Overall this is was wonderful night for my family.

2 Thank MamasitaCJ
Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Fun, but a bit over-styled”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I think that, of the luaus we could have gone to, this was probably the right one: I don't like buffets, and I liked that we could just eat with each other.

The food was good, but honestly, not great: the highlight felt like it was supposed to be the open bar, not the food itself. (Problem with open bar: the booze isn't, actually, all that great, and the wine comes from "California", not a vineyard.) And five courses is too much.

The show was good fun, well rehearsed, and had attractive dancers. I just wish the experience overall had been good enough to match the show!

1 Thank melted_snowball
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ending to our vacation”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was a fun way to end our vacation. We had a hard time picking between this and the Old Lahaina Luau but for us, we made the right choice. Sitting at own own table was a plus - we could relax and enjoy each other's company for our last night in paradise rather than feeling like we needed to be "on" if sitting with others. I also didn't see many kids here. The food and drinks were good and plentiful (we didn't think any of the food was weird - I know I had read some concerns about this) and while we aren't big show people, we both found the entertainment enjoyable. Did we feel like tourists? I would say only yes because we stopped at Spankys, the bar in front of the Luau, for a drink beforehand which seemed like it leaned towards being a local watering hole (this is a great dive bar, btw). Sunset at the Feast is amazing. Obviously, this is an expensive attraction but great if you are looking for a night out of the hotel.