“Best Luau”

and up
The Feast at Lele: A Luxury Maui Luau
Ranked #7 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is by far the best most authentic Luau on the island! So glad we took the evening to enjoy this food and entertainment. Highly recommend getting your photo taken during sunset.

2  Thank Gina M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"front row"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. This was absolutely our favorite thing to do while in Hawaii. Such a classy, well-ran luau! You are greeted with a fresh lei and given a drink as you walk in (mai tais for those so inclined, or juice for those not imbibing), and seated at your own private table with just your party. This was a huge plus for us, because we didn't like the idea of sitting at a huge table with a bunch of strangers. You have the opportunity to have your picture taken on the beach at sunset by a professional photographer- and then you can buy the 5x7 pictures later in the evening. They (of course) are a little pricy (I believe we got 2 for $20), but it's worth it! You have two servers throughout the night, one that is in charge of your drinks (unlimited drinks are included in the cost, by the way! and the lava flows are worth the price of admission), and one brings all your food to the table (served family style). There are really six courses- an appetizer that is waiting at your table for you, 4 island-themed courses (Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti, & Samoa), and then a dessert course. The server was very good at explaining what each of the dishes were (or how to eat them!). I'm a picky eater, so I didn't care for most of the food, but even with that, the experience was SO wonderful that it didn't even matter! My husband loved pretty much everything he ate though! They served so much food, each of the island courses were like an entire dinner portion! The desert was excellent, and I really appreciated that they wrote "Congratulations" in chocolate on our plate (we were there on our honeymoon). The little extra touches made such a difference. And the performances- oh my goodness- AMAZING! The dancers were absolutely wonderful, I couldn't get enough! Previous reviewers have mentioned that the dance portion was not long enough, but I thought that they was plenty of time for each dance. Of course, I wouldn't have minded if they were longer, but I didn't feel jilted in any way. And the fire dancer was amazing. I would highly recommend bringing a video camera- we did and love watching the videos of the dancers, especially because the night kind of flies by and you forget what went on. It started raining at the very end of the night, but the dancers still hung around and thanked us for coming and took pictures with us- so great! It is an expensive event, but what isn't in Maui? It's worth the price! You won't regret choosing Feast at Lele!

3  Thank kimc37
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For return visitors to Hawaii who really don't want to go to a luau but have friend who have never been to one, this is the luau to pick. You are greeted with a lei and mai tai/tropical fruit drinks and seated. There is an open bar so pina colada yourself crazy (also available without the rum). There are 4 courses - appetizers on the table when you sit - delicious. They bring the food to your table, more than enough or those seated with you (tables seat 4-6 people). It is so much nicer than getting up and down, waiting in food lines with kids grabbing stuff, putting it back, yuck. Here you can relax and the food comes to you. The entertainment is sequenced with the food so when you're watching the Tahitian dancers, you're eating Tahitian food. I am a hula and tahitian dancer and an entire show of traditional Hawaiian hula would not hold the interest of the younger folks. Having the variety of the different dance styles was really interesting and added to the enjoyment of the younger folk in our group. I, personally, really liked the dancers from the New Zealand islands. It was a very different visual and took a lot of skill - fantastic performances by all. (and wow - those fire dancers!). I researched all the luaus on Maui because my husband and I had been to a luau and didn't really want to attend another one. We were so glad to find that the Feast at LeLe lived up to its reviews. It is BIG bucks but it is worth it. The servers are gracious and do not treat you like a mob of tourists. My daughter and her fiancee loved it - they kept raving about it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We asked a concierge at the Westin Maui resport & Spa for a recommendation to a luau - there are many to choose from. She asked us how important it was for our party of 3 to have our own table, as opposed to sitting in a group with others. When we indicated we'd like to be at our own table, she said that the Feast of Lele would be our only choice - and a good choice. We booked the tickets through the concierge for the upcoming weekend, it was expensive, but the cost included all food, drink and entertainment. When we entered the outdoor venue, we were given leis and a choice of a non alcoholic fruit cocktail or a mai tai. Tables were assigned so there was no rushing for the best seat - and since they were placed in tiers, everyone had a great view of the stage with the sunset background. We were assigned a food waiter and a different drink waiter (all wine, beer and cocktails drinks were on the house!). The waiters were all dressed in matching sarongs - the men wore them as skirts and the women wore them as dresses. They all had grasses in their hair and most had tattoos - it was very eye pleasing... The food was good, (not spectacular, though) very different - they serve 4 different courses - each from the different areas the dancers represent (New Zealand, BoraBora,Tahiti and Hawaii). The dancing was fabulous! And with the sun setting as a backdrop, it was really We had super lovely weather, Since it's all outdoors, I can't imagine what it would be like when it's raining or cold. My advice would be to be sure to check the forecast before booking! This was our first trip to Hawaii and we wanted to take in a luau - I would recommend this luau for those wanting that kind of experience.

2  Thank lizardlegs