“Lost customers”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Honoapiilani Highway
Transit: Bus stops a block from the restaurant on Ka'anapali Pkwy
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We arrived at the door of the restaurant and waited to be seated. No one came for 2-3 min. Then this lady that had been talking to two guys and their dog got up and acknowledged us. She knew we were there the whole time, and she was actually one of the workers. She said, "so it'll be three then?" At which point we turned and left. It is so rude to ignore patrons. I called the manager minutes later and he didn't eve seem to know which worker I was describing. Weird experience.

2  Thank Triab18
There are newer reviews for Paradise Grill and Mello's Bar

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Mello's bar is the downstairs of the Paradise Grill. We ate there because the upper restaurant had been reserved for a large party. We were able to order the same food and drinks down there, but in a very relaxed setting. It is a sports bar, with televisions and projectors showing ESPN-type programming. The food is a little expensive, but good. The service was excellent.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Half price entreé between 4-5pm lured us here to try this place out. Ordered Mai tai for $3, they were OK; very strong. Fish and chips were not great. Fish was definitely frozen and dropped in the deep frier. The meatballs in spaghetti came out just sitting on top of the pasta sauce and tasted premaid, frozen and deep fried before serving.

We can't speak for other items we haven't tried but if you have a rental car there are much better eateries that are within a reasonable driving distance. The service was excellent but we would not dine here again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had an okay meal with the family but I have to agree with an earlier post - a few annoying flies and moldy menus is the main thing I remember. Our waitress was nice but they were busy and understaffed. The place is a bit dingy - open air or not and my daughter said the women's bathroom was disgusting. To be honest the food wasn't terrible but I left feeling like we shouldn't have walked in. I had the mahi-mahi, my wife had the teriyaki beef stir fry and the kids had chicken nuggets and sliders. We spent about $49.00 because the food was half off between 4-5pm. The food we selected was mediocre and the visit unmemorable (the chicken nuggets, for example, were Tyson Dino-nuggets or something similar).

We did check out the trip advisor reviews before going in and decided to give it a try. Candidly, I wouldn't go back. On an up note the manager did come around to ask about our visit and engaged us in conversation. There was also a gentleman at the next table seriously enjoying the ribs. Who knows - maybe it was an off night for our family but from the reviews it seems middle of the road is what to expect.

1  Thank jane2001
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Just off the main road at Ka'anapali Golf Course. Easy access and a short walk off the beach. Good food and good service!