“First they rub you, then they ROB you!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Lei Spa - CLOSED

Lei Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Day spa that also offers a complete line of Hawaiian natural body care and beauty treatment collection made in Maui, Hawaii. Best Hawaiian Day Spa in Lahaina... LEI SPA Maui
Copenhagen, Denmark
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“First they rub you, then they ROB you!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I just wanted to have a nice hour enjoying a full-body massage. The owner suggested that I might try the massage on the beach, it would bring an extra dimension to the massage, waves etc. It sounded nice and I choose that. But what I was not informed was that this massage added an extra 50 dollars to the listed 90 dollars. When I protested the owner told me, that they usually informed their customers this at the time of the booking. But this time they obviously forgot. She was a tough person, not at all living up to the ALOAH- spirit, but then again, she was from Switzerland....
A disillusioned and robbed tourist Line Groth-Andersen

Visited June 2012
6 Thank Line G
, Owner at Lei Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Aloha to our guest from Denmark!
We are very sorry about your experience at LEI SPA. My name is Nathalie and I am the owner. Don't really know why you assumed that our Spa coordinator was me but that wouldn't be your first mistake. Our Beach Massage are more expensive by $40 ( not $50) because of the time we need to setup for that special treat. We apologized also for the confusion about the price of our services. Our policy is to inform and answer all the questions the guests may have. We do try to make it simple for our guests by providing a spa menu/brochures at the front entrance of the spa ( on the door ) as well as a 3' x 4' sign at our front desk with the prices listed. We have a website that describe all our services and pricing as well. But what I am the most sad about, is that we didn't do our work properly... a beach massage on Maui should have been a beautiful one of the kind relaxing experience...one to remembered us by...
Mahalo nui loa,
Nathalie

Los Angeles, California, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“My favorite spa in Maui”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I love this place and go there often. We travel to Maui several times a year and I always make it a point to stop her.

It is a small spa on the far end of Lahaina and it is heavenly. They have several treatment rooms and have great services.

It is a little different from what you might be used to on the Mainland. The rooms are more brightly lit by natural light and it is very casual.

My favorite package there is the Euphoria in Paradise package. It is amazing and you get a wonderful spa lunch at the restaurant next door right on the beach.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank AdventureTravelerEM
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Paradise”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had 2 wonderful massages with Madeleine. The spa was clean and quiet. Perfect. Mahalo.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Linda155032
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Didn't Provide Product”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I read about this place in Frommer's and so decided to order a spa basket ahead of a Hawaii trip. Over 3 weeks later, they hadn't even bothered to process my order. I had to email them twice asking when I would see the products, and the answer I got was that they were missing some of the items but that they're good to go now. They didn't answer my question of when will I get it. 2 more days went by and they still hadn't processed it, so I wrote them again and told them just to cancel it, expressing how disappointed I was that nearly a month after I ordered it, they hadn't done anything with it. I still have not heard a thing from them-- no apology, nothing. If they were missing product, they should have communicated that to me so that I could perhaps choose something else, or at the very least KNOW that there's a DELAY.

As it stands now, these people have my credit card number and I have no idea if they are actually going to cancel the order or not. Just be aware of this if you plan to have some souvenirs from the spa shipped home, or if you try to buy from them when you return. It's quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever had happen from online retail.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank lavon445
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Very friendly staff!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I walked into the salon one evening, and booked an appointment for two massages the following night. I was surprised and grateful that they could take us on such short notice, especially since we would be doing a 4-tank scuba dive that day. When we arrived the next day, I discovered that two masseuses were coming in specifically for our massages! We actually beat them to the salon, so we sat with the owner and talked about scuba diving. It was more like making small talk with a friend than waiting for an appointment, and actually that was what made me really relax. I didn't feel like I needed to BE RELAXED, so I ended up relaxing naturally.

I don't get many massages (I prefer facials!) so I'm not an expert massage comparer, but I can say that I really enjoyed my massage. My therapist's hands were just perfect. If we'd been staying in the area one more night, I definitely would've been back to try out her facials!

This place had a sort of "salon-next-door" feel to it: not super luxurious, but very comfortable. If I lived in the area, I would definitely return.

Visited January 2012