“Didn't Provide Product”
Review of Lei Spa - CLOSED

Lei Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Day spa that also offers a complete line of Hawaiian natural body care and beauty treatment collection made in Maui, Hawaii. Best Hawaiian Day Spa in Lahaina... LEI SPA Maui
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Didn't Provide Product”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I read about this place in Frommer's and so decided to order a spa basket ahead of a Hawaii trip. Over 3 weeks later, they hadn't even bothered to process my order. I had to email them twice asking when I would see the products, and the answer I got was that they were missing some of the items but that they're good to go now. They didn't answer my question of when will I get it. 2 more days went by and they still hadn't processed it, so I wrote them again and told them just to cancel it, expressing how disappointed I was that nearly a month after I ordered it, they hadn't done anything with it. I still have not heard a thing from them-- no apology, nothing. If they were missing product, they should have communicated that to me so that I could perhaps choose something else, or at the very least KNOW that there's a DELAY.

As it stands now, these people have my credit card number and I have no idea if they are actually going to cancel the order or not. Just be aware of this if you plan to have some souvenirs from the spa shipped home, or if you try to buy from them when you return. It's quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever had happen from online retail.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank lavon445

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Very friendly staff!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I walked into the salon one evening, and booked an appointment for two massages the following night. I was surprised and grateful that they could take us on such short notice, especially since we would be doing a 4-tank scuba dive that day. When we arrived the next day, I discovered that two masseuses were coming in specifically for our massages! We actually beat them to the salon, so we sat with the owner and talked about scuba diving. It was more like making small talk with a friend than waiting for an appointment, and actually that was what made me really relax. I didn't feel like I needed to BE RELAXED, so I ended up relaxing naturally.

I don't get many massages (I prefer facials!) so I'm not an expert massage comparer, but I can say that I really enjoyed my massage. My therapist's hands were just perfect. If we'd been staying in the area one more night, I definitely would've been back to try out her facials!

This place had a sort of "salon-next-door" feel to it: not super luxurious, but very comfortable. If I lived in the area, I would definitely return.

Visited January 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 368 helpful votes
“Small and charming”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

On all accounts this spa is very small but they made it nice inside. I got a leg wax here and it was a nice atmosphere. I didn't return because it was nothing special. The location led me to believe it was on the ocean. The plaza it is located in is on the ocean.

Visited January 2012
Montreal, Canada
“WOW fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had a massage by the sea, it was so great to start our vacation. The owner of the spa is very nice and she organised our first day wonderfully. Everything whent accordingly to our wish and more!! Thank you Nathalie and your team for this experience. We brought back home some very nice products that reminds us of our visit in Maui.

Visited July 2011
Lahaina, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Took my money and never provided full service”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place is a joke. Do NOT support this spa.

I bought a promotional package for 12 months of laser hair removal and was promised these sessions. This was a very expensive package. I knew at the time I was moving off island and would only be able to get in 9 sessions.
On my very first appointment I waited outside in the sun while who ever was working that day showed up 30 min late to unlock the spa.
After 6 months and 6 sessions I called to make my next appointment for May. (This appointment was needed as the previous 6 did not work as well as I hoped.) I was told they no longer had anyone working there who could perform laser hair removal. But someone would be back to do so soon..... yeah right.
The employees were all very nice but the owner was not helpful, nor understanding and was down right rude. I move away in 3 weeks and will have to pay again on the main land for services I already payed for here and am being denied.

To make a long story short. She took all of my money and provided me with 1/2 the service and was not nice about it. Not even a sorry.

P.S. I don't even want to get started about what happened to my friend wen she went for a wax. (ouch)

Visited May 2011
2 Thank effieff
leispa, Owner at Lei Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Sorry you feel this way, but lets clarify a few things. We have been very patient and we will take the time again to explain to you what you bought: a promotional package of 5 sessions with unlimited touch up for a year. Sessions are booked 4-5 weeks a part. You mentioned you were moving in August and bought the package in February. Don't really understand how you though you were buying 12 sessions to fit in 6 months. You also asked us to finance you since you didn't have all the money to pay up front , something that is required for the promo packages and were agreed to help you. Our nurse went on maternity leave and our schedule for June was changed, but we had another nurse on board right away for our customers. I think that is where your frustration came from and trying to get something more then you paid for. You made a last appointment in July and never showed up, didn't call nor canceled and we were still welcoming you for free touch up services after all the problems you cause us.
Again we are sorry you feel this way.