“No more sugar cane to see but all aboard!!”
Review of Sugar Cane Train - CLOSED

Sugar Cane Train
More attraction details
Owner description: A singing conductor takes you on a 6-mile tour of Maui's sugar cane history.
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The most interesting thing was the historic steam engine hour ride. The person on the train talking about the history of the train was drowned out by the noisy engine. Sit in the last car-- far away from the engine. The view of the ocean was the most breathtaking not the non existent sugar cane fields. When I could hear the guide, there was a lot of good Hawaii history. The $22.95 was a bit pricey but we had a $2 off coupon. It helped a little bit. I liked their t-shirts in the gift shop. Reasonably priced. It would be a bit pricey for a family with 4 kids unless they are under 13 they are free ($15.95 each)and two adults ($22.95) each. I think little kids will enjoy this train ride.

1  Thank GrammyJ43

Reviewed August 15, 2013

With a family of six we tried to spend our money on attractions that are fund nd worth our money. This was not it. It is way overpriced for what you get. We spent $125 for a 60 minute ride that goes up and down the same highway that we travelled every day on our vacation. It parallels the road to our hotel. My kids are ages 17, 15, 12 & 9. The three older ones had a very expensive nap. The youngest one stayed awake but said he did not like the ride. If the prices were a lot lower like maybe $5 per ticket it would be worth a train ride with no scenic views. We did get to see some of the housing of the island that you don't see from the resorts, the good and the bad. The employees were really nice but for the prices they're charging. It's definitely not worth it.

2  Thank SuperTxMom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We took the SCT to Lahaina because we thought it would be cute, and it was. It drops off in a bad spot, you have to walk (we had a stroller and bags) quite a ways to get to front street. The people working there however are the nicest people.

1  Thank Ann G
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm sure a three or four year old child would LOVE this train ride, however for grownups, I would not recommend it. (and I'm an avid fan of trains). In my opinion, it is WAY over priced, and the views of peoples' backyards have little to do with sugar cane (unless there happened to be an empty C + H Sugar Bag in their garbage!) Save your money and take the helicopter tour....It's WAY more scenic!

3  Thank Gregory U
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is just a 6 mile ride on a train. You really don't see anything. It has nothing to do with sugar cane, other than there used to be a sugar cane mill there. Too expensive for a short ride to nowhere.

2  Thank Shari H