“cute for kids”
Review of Sugar Cane Train - CLOSED

Sugar Cane Train
More attraction details
Owner description: A singing conductor takes you on a 6-mile tour of Maui's sugar cane history.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We took the SCT to Lahaina because we thought it would be cute, and it was. It drops off in a bad spot, you have to walk (we had a stroller and bags) quite a ways to get to front street. The people working there however are the nicest people.

1  Thank Ann G

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm sure a three or four year old child would LOVE this train ride, however for grownups, I would not recommend it. (and I'm an avid fan of trains). In my opinion, it is WAY over priced, and the views of peoples' backyards have little to do with sugar cane (unless there happened to be an empty C + H Sugar Bag in their garbage!) Save your money and take the helicopter tour....It's WAY more scenic!

3  Thank Gregory U
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is just a 6 mile ride on a train. You really don't see anything. It has nothing to do with sugar cane, other than there used to be a sugar cane mill there. Too expensive for a short ride to nowhere.

2  Thank Shari H
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Sugar Cane Train

My wife and I took the round trip tour

Total for the round trip tour for the two of us was $47.81 with tax

The train departs from two different locations and only operates Monday to Friday. Review website for departure times and locations.

You will get amazing views of the Pacific Ocean and learn about Maui's sugar cane history.

This steam train ride will be narrated by a local that will also sing a few songs along the way while also giving some advice on what to do on Maui.

You will get to view the West Maui Mountains and have many great picture moments along the way.

It's a must do while in Maui

www.sugarcanetrain.com

957 Limahana Place

Lahaina Maui HI 96761

808-661-0080

2  Thank David A
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We rode the Sugar Cane Train from the Puukolii Station to the Lahaina Station with our 17 month old and it was great!! It's not really a sightseeing train since it mostly travels through residential neighborhoods but it was awesome for our 17 month old. We've been to Maui 3 times before and never taken the train because it didn't appeal to us. I'm happy to say the train ride itself still wasn't very appealing, but watching our son be blown away by getting to ride on a "Toot-toot" was well worth it!!! There was a breeze while on the train but we took the earliest departure which was at 10 a.m. I believe. I think if you did it any later in the day it would be way too hot. I wouldn't recommend this for kids over preschool age.

1  Thank stace_cat