My wife and 8mo old daughter and another couple friend and their 10mo old daughter recently spent a week at the WKORV. We absolutely loved this resort. We rented a 2 bedroom lockout unit from a timeshare owner that was renting their week. The unit was absolutely perfect. The perfect size, ocean and pool view, fully detailed kitchen, washer dryer. The pools were very nice and drink service was just ok. THere were limited poolside servers for the amount of people present. Its not like its a big deal to walk to the bar though. We ate at all of the restaurants on site and they were all very good. Pricey but good. We utilized the free shuttle frequently however towards the end of the trip we realized it was easier to drive since we had the babies. The beach infront of the resort is very nice. there is excellant snorkeling right out in front and I took advantage of it daily. Because we rented from a timeshare owner we were considered owners on the resort. This unfortunately means that you do not get daily housekeeping, but rather only once midweek. We had to actually pick up after ourselves. We took full advantage of the kitchen and its amenities. We stopped at the savemart in the Canary Mall and bought a groceries mostly for breakfast, snacks, and booze. This saved us a tremendous amount of money seeings how chips and salsa at the pool are $10. We had a small cooler we would take to the beach and pool which I highly recommend. If you are traveling with children you can be assured this IS a family resort. If you are not tolerant to kids running and splashing around and haviing a wonderful time, then you may want to consider another resort. The gym on the property is VERY small and crowded, but I did not find it to be that big of concern as there is a great trail right next to the beach to run and walk on.
We attended the luau at the Sheraton, Black Rock. It was nice but my favorite still remains the one at the Maui Prince or now named Makena Beach Ocean and Golf Resort. I usually prefer to stay and spend the majority of our stay in south Maui (Wailea, Kihea), however I really enjoyed staying at this resort. It is removed from the large tourist crowds that are further south on Kaanapali beach. I was so impressed with the WKORV that I even attended their timeshare presentation (which I was very reluctant to as I had attended others that were so pushy and agressive). Their presentation was very professional and very low pressure. They offered a 50% of voucher to any Westin Property world wide if you attended.
I fully recommend this resort and would return without reservation. Rest assure that if you have already booked this place you are going to love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina