I just completed a one week stay with my husband, 13 year old son, 11 year old daughter and my mother. We are owners at the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Florida and switched out to this one. We stayed in a two bedroom ocean view lockoff in building 3, 6th floor. Our villa faced the park, parking lot and had a partial view of the ocean. I'll address two recurrent issues in postings:
THE VIEW: Contrary to the many irritated reveiwers on the site, I did not have any problems with my view and enjoyed spending time on the balcony in the evening.
CONSTRUCTION: I was not on the construction side. Therefore I would not have been able to tell construction was going on had I not seen the crane when driving up to the property.
I think both of these issues are VERY overblown unless you are on the construction side.
* Wonderful rooms typical of the Westin. Spacious, minimalist Westin decor, Westin beds.
* Beautiful!!! ocean view from the pool, lobby and restaurant area
* Easy access to the beach
* Shuttle to other Starwood hotels and to shopping in Whaler's Village
* Responsive concierges helped with activites and dining options.
* Clean towels quickly provided.
* Yes, the pool is COLD. I can't understand why when it was 88 degrees. My kids only went in a few of the days.
* Food at the restaurant was terrible!!!!!! The breakfast buffet was the worst.
* Check out is at 10:00am. They have a late stay lounge (which is nice) with lockers and a shower room which was DISGUSTING by the time we wanted to use it at 4:00pm. Wet towels all over the floor. No washcloths. No soap/shampoo. ICK!
* Housekeeping had a shower chair for my mom to use in the shower.
* Villas are close to the pool / restaruant area which helped since my mom is partially handicapped and can't walk long distances
* Westin's wheelchair is old and rickety. Order one in ADVANCE from a vendor - the places they referred us to were booked up
* BUY FOOD AND COOK IN THE VILLAS!!! Most of our dining out dinners were so-so yet cost $300 for the five of us. There are nice grills on property
* Rent and reserve a shaded cabana IN ADVANCE for your check out day. That gives you a place to hang out once you leave your villa.
* Go to dinner at the Heile Meili General Store. PHENOMINAL.
Overall I enjoyed my week but probably won't go back to Maui. Too many other new places to see and nothing there I couldn't get elsewhere.
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina