We own 2 beautiful oceanfront 1 bedroom villas in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on a floating week basis. This trip to Maui was our 5th trip, we traded one of our weeks through Interval International and obtained a studio unit at the Westin Ocean Villas North. I had done alot of research including Trip Advisor and felt very good about the trade. Upon check-in the Front desk showed me where our villa was. It was a parking lot and highway view at the very back of the resort. I told her that villa was not acceptable, the next villa that was offered was on the ground level overlooking the koi pond and next to the restaurant. I asked if there was a possibility to upgrade and she offered an oceanfront for an additional $150 Per night plus tax. We accepted....however the villa was in an oceanfront building our room had a view of an empty lot, construction site and a glimpse of the ocean. These rooms are called Villas but are really only a hotel room at best. They are very clean, have nice amentities but are tiny.
The grounds are clean but the atmosphere at the Westin seems almost sterile. Where did all the beautiful flowers go?? The pools have all been painted a dark blue-green gray to make you feel like you are in the ocean ? Parking was a nightmare, we chose valet parking for $8.00 per day plus $5.00 for tax. The breakfast buffet at $20.00 per person was very minimal and the restaurants had no view. Were we really in Maui ?
I placed a call to Interval World and shared our experience. Customer service offered to move us to the Marriot. I turned this offer down since we had already paid the extra $150 per night which is non-refundable. Interval did refund me my trade fee and return my week back to me. Interval World is a Class Act.
Upon Check out the Front desk asked how my stay was and I explained our experience. I was shocked when she replied "Our Best Rooms Are for Our Owners. How would you feel if at your home resort you had a Non-Owner next to you." Unbelievable ! The experience is making us a little gunshy about trading our units again. I read a review today on the Sands of Kahana from another Interal World member who was told the same thing. Fortunately for them, SOK upgraded them from a horrible room to a nice ocean view. I just wanted to share this review with timehare owners to beware of what can happen when a trade goes wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina