My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Maui – and thoroughly enjoyed our time on the island and at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. The resort made a striking first (second, second and third) impression on us. The grounds were clean, the amenities were above average and the service was excellent. We were also upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa in the North Tower overlooking the pond (near the lobby) – such a pleasant surprise, and an incredible set up! The room itself was spacious and had a large kitchen area with fridge, oven and cook top, utensils, glasses, small appliances, etc – basically everything you would need if you wanted to cook a few meals yourself and enjoy eating on the lanai. We spent a lot of time at the pool, which was split up into 3 separate areas (kids vs. adults) and included a volleyball net, basketball hoop and waterfall. We didn't swim in the South tower pool area, but there is also access to this pool as well, just a short walk down the boardwalk. There is an ocean side boardwalk that takes you up and down Ka'anapali beach (North and South, separated by Black Rock). At night, be sure to take a stroll and see the toads warming themselves under the lights by the path. Snorkeling is pretty amazing directly in front of the hotel – easily accessible and endless coral reefs populated with colorful fish, turtles and much more. We rented snorkel gear at the Maui Dive Shop in Lahaina, which saved us quite a bit of money (resort charges twice as much...imagine that).
Downsides? The only two I can think of is that the resort bedsheets were pretty "loud"/crunchy and the pillows were much too soft (personal preference) and the resort was approximately 40 minutes from the airport – although pretty much any hotel in Lahaina/Ka'anapali area (or Wailea, etc) will be this far. So really, not many complaints, and would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina