We spent over a week at the Westin KORV (North) and enjoyed our entire stay. Our first night was in a studio (as our one-bedroom villa was not available – we had decided to come a few days early and was only able to book the studio), which was actually a very well-appointed room in Bldg 7. Our room faced the Molokai Lawn and river pool, the quietest of all the pools other than the adult pool between Bldgs 7 and 8. A couple of days later, our move to the one-bedroom suite was seamless: We merely checked out, had the hotel store our luggage while we were out for a day of adventure, and when we checked in for our “new” room, where we’d stay for the rest of our vacation, our bags were sent up soon after we entered.
The staff throughout the property were excellent. Everyone, and I mean everyone, no matter what time of day (and I wake up at 3:00am to hit the gym so I ran into staff in the wee hours), was courteous, friendly, and always offering to help. Speaking of the gym, I used the fitness center on the north side. Loved it. It was never busy (I usually went in the morning and tried the afternoon a couple of times). The spacious workout room provided towels, water, headphones, great music, personal TVs on the equipment, etc. That fitness center was close to Spa Helani, which I reviewed in a separate entry on TA.
Our one-bedroom villa still in Bldg 7 but had a view of the north – wide, green space with the ocean to the west. I was really happy with the amenities in our room – we were set for our vacation (we hit Costco for food and other items) – as the kitchen had everything we needed. We even did a couple of loads of laundry. Anyway, I doubt I can add more than other reviewers about what the premium villas offer. For us, it was a nice, spacious, clean and very comfortable “home base” for our anniversary trip.
We couldn’t understand the people who staked out lounge chairs at the pool and appeared to stay there all day. We’re in Hawaii, folks! But we did take it easy one afternoon after back-to-back activities and ordered food by the beach pool (food from Pailolo). We rather enjoyed our snack, but there was something weird about reclining by the pool and stuffing our faces with hamburgers and nachos – ha! We did go back to Pailolo during happy hour and tried more of their offerings – great service, good food. We also tried Ocean Bar & Grill on the south side – same type of food with live music (this was daytime, so it was nice to be in a quieter area while Pailolo was packed with sports fans).
We’ll definitely return to Westin-KORV North. We had such a great time in general in Hawaii, but it was made better by the fact that we had a really nice and comfortable place to stay. I’ve tried all types of lodging when I visit the Islands, and staying at the Westin was up there for comfort, great service, and ideal location. Seriously, no complaints at all during our trip. I hope we can get back to Maui soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina