We stayed here 8/22-8/29/08. We had visited last year for the timeshare and knew we 'd want to stay here .. WE almost bought but then decided not too.
but we traveled for our wedding w/ our family my fiance's two kids 5 and 8, our son of 6 mths old and the two grammas. WE got a great deal on the 2 bdrm villa..
First let me say the property is gorgeous exactly how it was last year. plenty of pools ,plenty of space not overcrowded except the Pool with the slides was hard to find a shaded area upfront.. we spent most of our time on the north pool and or beach
it was hard to do the beach everyday but the beach location is great too. Last year we stayed at the Sheraton and love that beach and location too , the beach is a tiny bit of a walk but not that bad.
We got there around 2 or so and they said no rooms were yet available check in is not til 4.. kind of late, one of our complaints and we didn't get a room until 4 no earlier.. then we got a room int he North side which was fine the room is gorgeous as others have explained , plenty of room.. but our complaints: we were very far to the north end w/ 3 kids two grammas that meant for alot of walking to and from the pool, to the cars and elevators our room was like the last on the 3 hallways away from the elevator. we asked if we coud be moved NO she said.. so ok we sucked it up and got used to it and found our way around I don't mind the walking but when you have a baby in tow and two grammas you want to make it easy..
The other complaint was the parking. the spaces very small, all virtually all compact so you have to squeeze your car or our VAN we had into these small spaces w/ making it hard to load/unload everyone. We suggest they make larger spots for those larger vehicles that most people have.
The other complaint was the service on our safe. Our safe was broken on the 1 bdrm side they came right away and they couldn't fix it but said they'd be back. the whole week went by and noone returned to fix it. fortunately we had the other room/studio and used that safe..
The pool service there- was NO food or drink service would have been nice and i think for them it would totally drum up buisness for them. we would have loved to order a cocktail by the pool or some lunch w/out getting up ..
Also more shaded areas needed by the pool w/ the slide.. not many areas and the pool was always packed.
Other than that service was great. everyone was friendly at the hotels from our maid service, the concierge the activities desk etc.. the restaurants are nice even tho we only had lunch at the pool bar and wasn't bad at all.. the grounds are amazing. the villa comes w/ everything you need. we even got a nice rollaway crib for the baby etc.. we shopped when we first got there and did all our breakfasts and most of our lunches in the room so made it very nice and the kids had there own area/bed and tv so helpe dout and a huge bathroom on both sides.
by far the greatest to travel w/ Kids . we didn't use the new spa or the shuttle just not enough time. maybe next time. we'd definitely go back as it had all the amenities of a hotel but a huge condo that works w/ kids .
also they have some great grills /bbqing area and lots of people us ing them.. next year for sure i want to do that a few times and just cook out and relax!!!
again we loved it here just w/ the few minor complaints all in all a great stay..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina