I stayed here in September at the time of the Maui marathon. I received one of those Starwood preferred guest offers for 5 nights at a greatly reduced price. This is Starwood's time-share property in Maui. These offers are an attempt to get potential clients to buy a vacation ownership. As long as one realizes that and can tolerate a little sales, this offer was a great value. The guests on this offer are put up in a choice of units. I chose the non/ocean view as it was less costly. The only room complaints I had were that a tile was chipped in the main walkway to the kitchen, and there was a lot of baseboard damage. I asked for the tile to be repaired the morning after arrival, and it was patched within hours. They also offered to change rooms if the tile could not be repaired. The room also smelled like cigarette smoke, so I bought a room freshener that was pineapple scented. Later I found out that a couple had been asked to leave that room because of smoking. Other than that, it was nice to have a washer/dryer in the room. Also nice to have a regular coffee maker and refrigerator. There was traffic noise from7 am to around 8 pm. Regardless, I slept we'll here.
The grounds are wonderful. There is an open air restaurant near the pool that does a big breakfast buffet. The beach is spectacular... Beautiful with arching palms nearby and a coral reef which is spectacular to snorkel in. The staff were all very polite. One lady, who worked in the little store, realized that she had overcharged me for some magazines, while the register wad broken,so she put the payback in a little bag and gave it to me the next day.
You do get charged for little things like parking, beach chairs. But, I got so many "resort credits" by attending the sales pitch, meeting with a concierge, that I had parking paid for, plus got souvenirs. Really this is a great deal, but guests who are not vacation owners must realize that they are not going to be in the newest areas with great views, unless you want to pay extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina