The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
4,696 results
All reviewsnorth propertynorth poolstudio villapirate shipisland viewjacuzzi tubtime sharenorth sidetimeshare ownerstimeshare presentationfull kitchenheavenly bedshuttle servicewasher dryerfree shuttlebar and grillkiddie pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Mom, husband, brother & niece all stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. I read some of the other reviews that the staff were rude, I did not find this to be the case. I did find that the staff were for the most part, very helpful. There was one incident where I asked the concierge about a good place for dinner, they only seemed to want to recommend their restaurants.

With all those people in the rooms, I never once felt cramped. The cleaning staff also did a very good job. The beds were horrible, it was difficult to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The resort is very clean and picturesque. It is about 1 mile north of black rock. There is a beach walk to black rock that goes along the beach and winds through some condos. The problem is when you get to the north side of black rock. There is no easy way to pick up the beach walk at the Sheraton. There is a shuttle from WKZORV to the Sheraton and Westin (Bus #1) and another to Lahaina (Bus #2). Be aware the Lahaina bus drops you off at Hilo Hatties and its a bit of a walk to the banyan tree area.

Good:
Nice grounds
Check in was easy
North tower pool area is nice
Beach has easy to get to snorkeling with lots of fish and coral.
Short walk to Dukes restaurant
Convenient BBQ's
I was never approached about a timeshare

Bad;
Pool service was slow
Ocean view rooms are just OK. Room 727X had ok view but not worth the money.

My daughter bought a cinnamon role and was told by employee there were no nuts. She later bit into it and found it had walnuts. Luckily my 11 year old did not ingest the nut or else we would've spent a day in the regency room. The food service people should really be educated about nut allergies and what's in their food they are serving.

I felt a little swindled on my room rate. I paid $399 per night for ocean view in room 727X. My friend got the same room for $150 as did other guests I met. I asked the front desk for a better rate and then was treated very rudely. I was told it depends on where you book it through. Well my friend an I both booked through the hotel. I realize this is my fault however the ocean view rooms can be gotten for $150 so don't make the same mistake as me and pay $399.

Because of the lack of negotiating room with the hotel, I will no longer stay at a Westin.

The hotel was very nice but I didn't like the way I was treated.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kacnjmcsdad
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I spent 8 nights at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas in May 2013. We stayed in a one bedroom suite booked through mauivacationrentalbyowner.com and VRBO. I had originally requested a garden view room, but when we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded to pool/ocean view. Our room (3606) was large and comfortable with a king size bed and huge bathroom. We really enjoyed the full kitchen and dining room and the spacious lanai where we spent every morning drinking coffee and reading books. The room had everything we needed for our stay. It was cleaned daily and our towels were always restocked.
The resort grounds were very well maintained and the pool was very clean. We appreciated the fact that the resort staff had a time limit for reserving chairs by the pool. If they saw someone place a towel on the chair, they placed a sign that said that if the chair wasn't occupied in an hour, the belongings would be collected and held at the towel hut. We never had a problem finding chairs by the pool because of this system. Although there were many families with small children, the pool area was quiet and relaxing.
The beach was the best part of the resort. Some of the best snorkeling we experienced was right off the beach! The Westin rents beach chairs and umbrellas, but we chose to rent from Boss Frog's at the Lahaina Cannery Mall for much less.
We ate at the pool side restaurant for lunch on our departure day and it was delicious and reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant.
On our check out day I asked about getting a late check out, but was denied. It wasn't a big deal since they have a day lounge for this exact situation. It's a large room with a television, couches and tables for guests waiting for flights off the island. There is a large changing room, showers and lockers to store your bags. It was just what we needed.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and we will certainly be back! The staff was always kind and curteous, and housekeeping was efficient. I don't have anything bad to say about our stay, so take the negative reviews about this resort with a grain of salt. The negative review people will never be satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just returned from a one week stay on Maui at the Ocean Resort Villas. We decided to leave the kids at home for some couple time so I was a little worried that it would be overrun by children based on some of the reviews I read here. I didn't need to be concerned. The hotel was booked to capacity, however we never had a problem finding a spot at the pool or the beach. The grounds are beautifully maintained, always clean and well manicured. The rooms are very nicely appointed and I felt like we were in a great hotel, not your standard run down timeshare by any means. The staff was always friendly and very accommodating with any request we had. There were always housekeeping staff on the floor so we never had a problem getting extra towels or anything we needed. Loved that the pool restaurants had daily happy hour specials which made having drinks by the pool daily a little easier on the wallet. The shuttle which runs to Lahaina was very convenient. The concierge was really helpful in booking different excursions for us. The only con of our trip is when we checked in, we were told our room had an ocean view. It was in the north tower and it was barely a partial ocean view. However this was no big deal as we spent most of our time exploring the island and hanging out on the beautiful Villa property.

I also had a facial at the spa on our last day. Hands down one of the best facials I have ever had (and I am a spa junkie). Triniti really took the time to assess my skin and I tried a service that was new for me. Walked out glowing. The staff in locker rooms were so helpful and always checked to see if I needed anything.

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Akilah L
sulinn, Manager at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We can’t wait for you to return, too. Sounds like you had an amazing time despite the fact that the kids did not make the trip this time. We are glad you enjoyed. See you next time.

-Sulinn

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The resort is very nice. Grounds are beautiful, right on the beach. I was disappointed with the staff. It consistently seemed as if I was treated as a second class citizen because I am not a timeshare owner. Never mind that I am an SPG Platinum member - that didn't seem to matter at all. We got a horrible room right near the road. When I called to ask for a late checkout (a Platinum benefit) I was treated rudely and basically told "no" because they needed 5 hours to get the room ready for an owner checking in! That was absolutely ridiculous! Overall I had a great time and enjoyed my stay, but I think the staff needs to be educated that non owners are not second class citizens - especially Platinum members.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick2030

Aloha Patrick2030,

First of all, it gives us great pleasure to thank you for your loyalty that recognizes you as our most valuable Platinum member. We can’t thank you enough for your dedicated commitment to our company. As such, when we are unable to grant our SPG members a late checkout benefit due to availability, it disappoints us as much as it may disappoint you.

Additionally, please accept our apologies that you felt as if you were a second class citizen as this is sincerely not the case. Our senior leaders have reviewed your comments and have already started to acknowledge your situation amongst our staff.

Therefore, we would be greatful for the chance to personally speak with you in hopes to obtain specific details of your experience so that we may ensure proper follow up and improvement on this matter.

I have sent you a private message requesting for your contact information so that we may reach out to you. Thank you again for providing your feedback and we look forward to connecting with you soon.

Mahalo,