The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
$389
$349
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$276
$269
$425
$335
$323
$299
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$242
Cancelon
HotelQuickly
4,829 results
All reviewsnorth propertynorth poolstudio villapirate shipisland viewjacuzzi tubtime sharenorth sidetimeshare ownersfull kitchenheavenly bedtimeshare presentationshuttle servicewasher dryerfree shuttlebar and grillkiddie pool
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I have 2 small kids and have never gone on a vacation alone let alone our honeymoon. We decided since it was out 5 year anniversary it was time and without the kids. It was worth it!
The property is very large and beautiful. I recommend not brining your luggage with you at check in until you know which building your room is in.
Our room was in the North Tower which i requested based on reviewa I read on here. When I was told it was on the ground level I was a bit concerned but It turned out better then I expected our room had a walkout lanai (patio) which had a nice view of the ocean. In less then 10 steps to the left was the adult pool and grills. In 10 steps to the right was the beach! The convenience of not having to use the elevator after a swim or grilling dinner was great! We had a studio room with the kitchenette, it suited us it was only the 2 of us but of we had the kids would have needed a bigger room.
We the breakfast buffet a few times which was yummy! Fresh fruit, hot maple syrup, baked goods...all compliments of the hotel as long as you opt out of the daily room cleaning. We didn't spend much time in our room so we opted out every other day.
We only ate at the 2 of the restaurants on this property, both very good! Pailolo Bar and Grill is between the beach and the resort pool which worked out well.
The complimentary shuttle which can take you to either another Starwood property or Lahina benefited us well. We used it to go the Luau at the Sharaton great show and dinner at the other Westin property fantastic food. What we both noticed when we went to the Sharaton and other Westin property was The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
has better grounds and the buildings don't look as old as the other Starwood properties.
The drivers for th shuttles are great guys who are very nice and friendly. When we took the shuttle to Lahina, our driver was very informative letting everyone know what was close by each stop so you knew which stop was best to get off at and when the shuttle would be back for pick up.
My husband and I would spent a lot of time on the beach, it was clean, refreshing and wonderful to watch the waves and sunset on. After the beach we would jump in the pool which to our surprise didn't taste like chlorine. We used the pool both in the day and at night it was never overly crowded.
Overall I would definitely go back but the next time will be with my kids. It's a great resort for couple an families a like, there's something for everyone!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am very experienced traveler averaging over 100 nights a year in hotels. I've been coming to Maui for the past 20 years and this is my first time at this property. I have to say, that the staff here...to single out a few (Ivan, Jade, Akamu and Alex) are the "best" I've ever seen. It's staff like this is what brings back clients/customers. The rooms and the property are impeccability clean. Spirit and attitude here is bar none. I wished that I can say about other hotels....need I say more!!! Already planning a family vacation in August back here!!!

Room Tip: All the one bed room suites are fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have stayed at many different properties on Maui, and the Westin Ka'anapali is right up there with the best.
The service was great. From our late arrival on the first night, to our dinner on the last night, we were impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. A special thanks to the concierge for some good tips on things to do away from the crowds...
We stayed in a mountain view room (studio). It was plenty big for the two of us. Room was spotless upon our arrival. Bathroom was huge with a big tub and walk in shower. The kitchen area was small but functional. It included the basic gadgets and utensils. A stacking washer/dryer was a bonus. The king bed was comfortable and the mattress was not the least bit broken down.
The resort is in a great location. Close to Whalers Village (the Whale Museum was fascinating) and not far from Lahaina. The Westin runs a free shuttle to Lahaina with other stops all day long. Resort grounds were spotless and the pools pristine. Beach and ocean were only steps away.
Be prepared for the cost of food and drink. Like their downtown hotels in major cities, Westin charges high prices for food at the resort. The meals we had were good. Simply high priced.
All in all, this was a very nice resort. In fact, we're already booked to stay there in 2014. There's no higher recommendation than that, is there?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ORTraveller51
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Family with 2 kids (3 and 7 years). We stayed here 5 nights as part of a Westin promotion (sent to prospective time share buyers). For the price we paid, the resort was fantastic.

Unit – they gave us a complimentary upgrade from a studio to a one bedroom. Unit was great – your typical modern, clean and well-furnished Westin. Spacious and luxurious feeling with a huge bathroom. Was a ground level unit – not much view but all ground units have a patio with walk out to lawn/pool areas. There was even a folding step stool we put out so the kids could reach the bathroom sink. I was a little surprised by the lower quality pots, pans and kitchen appliances. I expected more of a mid-grade quality for this caliber of resort. Similarly, the sofa bed was very uncomfortable, even relative to other sofa beds. An interesting thing to note – when you stay at many of the “fully owned” vacation rentals in Maui, the owners and past guests leave behind things like boogie boards, beach equipment, laundry detergent, coffee filters, etc. which is nice. No such at these time share properties. Everything

Resort – beautiful, everywhere you walk are lush gardens, koi fish ponds, pools, pathways, always clean. The resort is huge with a South and North complex. We were in the North side of the North complex. It was a bit hike to other parts of the resort. The three pool areas a well spread out which is good (more space) and bad (harder to go from one pool to the other). Kids loved the Pirate ship pool and the slide in the main pool. The staff were very flexible about it – no height limit, kids had to be able to swim away at bottom on their own. My 3 year old son was able to use the slide with floaties on his arms. Temperature of pools was very comfortable during day – just a tad little cold at night.

Service/Dining/Activities – We did not require a lot of service but when we did – everyone was friendly and accommodating. Only went to pool restaurant once. As expected, we pricey but good. Did not use the Kids club since it we wanted to spend time as a family. (BTW - it’s expensive at $90/day and $50 for half day) There is very little in terms of free activities at the resort – daily fish feeding, ping pong. Rest have a fee.

Beach Access/Location – there is a nice boardwalk and green space between the resort and the beach. I was a little disappointed in the beach itself. Sandy area is narrow and the beach drops off (water gets deep) quickly at the shoreline which makes for strong shore breaks. Was not good for the kids. We ended up driving to Kapuala Bay (north) and Baby Beach (south) which were safer for kids. None of these beaches were good for boogie boarding – Kihei beaches are much better for that.

Time Share Sales – We agreed to do the timeshare tour. Incentives were 50% off Starwood hotel rates (up to 5 nights) and 7500 Starwood points. Reps were very professional and respectful although tour took about 2 hours. We said were not interested at this time and they offered us another promo deal to come back within 2 years which we did take.

Overall, this is a beautiful resort with great service and great amenities. I reduced the rating by 1 star for the beach, convenience of getting around the resort (too big) and the fact that everything was a bit expensive. Using the Marriot Ko Olina in Oahu as a very similar comparison – we just had a little more fun there.

But we will be coming back since we took the promo deal!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MekkTekk
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days during Christmas of 2012. There is nothing to say other than it has no flaws. Location is outstanding, full service rooms and amenities are excellent. The service level from the staff were perfect. Price may be a bit steep but like anything in life, you get what you pay for. You will not regret staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family