This is such a beautiful resort!! We booked an island-view studio condo and were upgraded upon check-in to a partial ocean-view. We stayed in KOR South (the older section, but in our opinion the best). The room had a small kitchenette (coffee maker, convection micro-wave oven, toaster, and full-size refrigerator). The kitchen was stocked with all the kitchen essentials (wine glasses, cups, dishes, ect). There was a washer and dryer, which was great for the long vacation. The heavenly bed was truly heavenly. Also, the bathroom was HUGE with a whirlpool tub and heavenly shower.
The only down-side of the room was the balcony, all studio condos only have a "step-out" balcony...there is not room to actually sit on the balcony. The condo was great for a couple, but I would recommend spending the extra money to get the one-bedroom and the full balcony (all rooms with the exception of studios have full balconies.
The beach is fantastic! The best area of Kaanapali. We snorkeled right in front of the resort and saw sea turtles and all sorts of fish. The beach is long and great for walking. The water ocean was calm and great for swimming. The sunsets are amazing!
The resort had several pools. There is a separate pool for children with a pirate ship. There was also other areas for the kids. This seemed like a great resort for families. My husband and I did not have kids and never felt overwhelmed by too many kids at the resort.
Almost every night there was live singing and dancing (including fire dancing and hula).
We had a great time in Maui and will be returning to the Westin KOR. Great places to eat in Maui: Okazuya Deli (take-out food from the former chef of Mama's Fish House...5 min from Westin KOR, by Star Market). Hula Grill is fun with live singing. Sensei's in Kihei or Kapalua is great and has a "reverse happy hour".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina