“Good ice cream, pretty good shave ice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hula Cookies & Ice Cream - CLOSED

Hula Cookies & Ice Cream
Cuisines: American
Varese, Italy
“Good ice cream, pretty good shave ice”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great cookies with ice cream, while for the shave ice, which is well done, you can get better in some yards far. The staff is still friendly and pleasent. All prices are aligned to the type of business, if you pass by here, during the afternoon heat, it can be a good refreshing option.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank KaITrAvEL

Chicago, Illinois
“If you're nearby, sure.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

It's good but not amazing - if you're at the Farmers Market & need caffeine go ahead and grab some, but it's not mind blowing.

• Visited September 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Hands down the best ice cream sandwich EVER!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

So, just to begin, it's important to know that my daughter and I are self-proclaimed ice-cream experts. We especially love coffee ice-cream and have traveled extensively. By far, this was the BEST ice-cream we have ever had. We shared a Kona coffee chocolate chip cookie sandwich filled with Kona coffee ice-cream.. beyond words delicious! We quickly realized that we should have ordered 2 but opted to share a root beer float in addition to our yummy ice cream sandwich. She was very thirsty and started to suck up the root beer; I told her to slow down because it would leave none for me and only vanilla ice cream and I too was thirsty. The sweet cashier overheard this and took the cup from my daughter and added more root beer..... being from NYC, I have to say this was an act of kindness I am not used to! We sat at the window seat and enjoyed our delicious treats after a morning of snorkeling on a catamaran.
If you have the opportunity, I know most others say to go to Lapperts (which is fine, nothing special, just fine) I promise you that if you LOVE ice-cream like we do, THIS is THE place to go and enjoy amazing ice-cream and cookies!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Livestotravel3653
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Shave Ice”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

While Matsumoto's may be the best shave ice on Oahu, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream deserve the title on Maui. I have yet to encounter a better shave ice anywhere on the island than at Hula Cookies and Ice Cream...a must stop and taste!

Visited August 2013
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Great cookies and ice cream”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the coconut ice cream and the coconut macadamia cookies. Too bad there was no place inside to sit and enjoy this treat on a hot day.

• Visited July 2013