We traded 2 hotel weeks at Kahana Falls from June 1-8, and June 8-15. Both RCI and resort's websites warned us that the room is very small, 276 sq ft. Since we don't intend to stay in the room for too long, we confirmed the request. We don't usually cook while on vacation. A hotel room with light kitchen is good enough for us.
The first week we stay in room 105B. The room is smaller than average hotel room. The bathroom is quite large with 2 basins. There is a microwave, an under-counter fridge, a small bar sink, and utensils enough for 2 people. The dining table is very tiny about 3 feet in diameter with 2 small chairs. When we pull out a chair, it blocks the entrance door. The window is facing the hallway. So we had to close the shutter most of the time.
The resort is in a very convenient location. There is a public beach (Kahana Beach) access path immediately across the street, next to Sands of Kahana. Pohaku Beach is about 2-3 minutes walk.
The second week we were assigned to room 605B. The front desk told us to pack everything and leave in 105B. They will move the luggage to 605B when it was available. The setup of 605B is identical to 105B. This unit has a good view of the mountain. Once again, the window faces the hallway. All hotel room units have no sitting area. If we wanted to watch TV, we had to sit on bed. The furniture layout plan in Kahana Falls' website is not in proportion that gave us a false impression. Our neighbor occupied a studio unit. By combining the studio and the hotel room, they form a one bedroom unit. The studio is quite roomy because it contains a pull out bed. It also has a lanai and a good size of dining table with 4 chairs, a full kitchen and a dishwasher.
We don’t mind to go back to Kahana Falls. If we have a choice, we would request a studio or a one bedroom unit. But a hotel room is just fine for us too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kahana Falls rests just steps from the beach on the west coast of Maui. Enjoy the lush landscaping, splashing waterfalls and wonderful amenities of this tropical resort. Each one- and two-bedroom unit offers a partial or full kitchen, air conditioning, lanai and much more. Our on-site activities desk will help you see the best of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Kahana Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahana Falls Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Hotel Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Maui/Lahaina