“Stay Somewhere Else!”

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Idaho
“Stay Somewhere Else!”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

We stayed here for our 10-year anniversary as a RCI exchange. When we first checked in the person working at the front desk was so rude that it was shocking. She tried to make a copy of my driver's license and credit card on the copy machine when I wasn't watching. When I requested an explanation of why she needed that, the only thing she could come up with is that if we lost our keys we would have to show our ID to get a new one if we didn't let her keep the copy. I didn't feel comfortable with the situation and asked for the copy (would much rather show my ID if I lost my key). She crinkled it up and put in the trash (which doesn't take care of the problem). I asked her for the copy again and she said No, it's fine. I asked for a third time and she finally gave it to me and was VERY RUDE. I felt like she was trying to scam me. I travel a lot for work and pleasure and have never experienced such a rude check in or someone trying to make a copy of my driver's license. Needless to say, it wasn't a good first impression or a way to start out our vacation. The rudeness in which we encountered can't even be expressed here in words to do it justice.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank wonderfultotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Sacramento
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I exchanged my RCI timeshare for two transactions that got me a hotel room and a studio room at Kahana Falls a year before my vacation dates. After booking the place I became very uneasy after reading the reviews from tripadvisor. My sister and brother were joining me and I felt the need to forward them the reviews just so that they were aware and apologize profusely ahead of time.

A week or two before my trip not only RCI but Kahana Falls also sent me a letter warning about the size of the rooms. I must say when we arrived at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were beautiful. And it truly is amazing how they are able to stack 2 hotel buildings on a small lot. I found the waterfalls, swimming pool, spa, tikki torches and numerous tropical plants soothing, inviting and telling us we have truly arrived in Maui.

When we checked in it went smoothly. We did arrive a little early and our room was not ready. We were told we could talk to their conceirge service where they had a "welcome packet" available to us. We walked over to conceirge where they informed us of the various discounts that they had available. They asked us what we wanted to see and accomplish and offered us a couple of suggestions. They do offer discounts on activites but you would have to attend a 2 hour timeshare presentation down the road in Ka'anapalli. We decided against it. The welcome packet contained coupons to various shops and restaurants in the area. After we thanked them for their time and suggestions, we got up to leave. The front desk clerk came running after us to hand us our room keys! Our rooms were ready and we were thankful to unload our luggage and see the sights!

Our rooms were nice considering how fearful I was about them!! Because we had a hotel and studio room that actually found us a unit that had a common entrance. That was nice because we came as a group. The hotel room is a bit small but was perfect enough for myself, husband and 3 year old son. The bathroom was huge and even had a jetted tub which my son enjoyed. The hotel room did have a fridge, microwave and wet bar which was nice. The studio where my siblings stayed had a full kitchen and pullout for sleeping. The lanai looked right into the swimming pool/waterfall. We would leave the windows and sliding door open and hear the soothing crash of the waterfall all day.
When my cousins came to visit (2 more people - 7 of us in all!) the place still didn't feel too crowded. We were able to get around fine except if 3 or 4 of us decided to be in the kitchen at the same time!

Because I knew about the full kitchen we did stop over to foodland and costco to buy food. We were able to save a lot of money having breakfast at the hotel each morning and sometimes dinner after a long day. We were still able to eat the local food (you have to try Da Kitchen for true local flavor) during the lunch hours when we were up and about exploring Maui.

We did have one problem with the night front desk. There was a car accident in front of the hotel on our second night there and the front desk clerk was super nosy. She had put out the "be back in 5 minutes" sign but there had been guests waiting over 40 minutes to get help on various things. My husband said she was very rude when she did finally get back.

I did find a red ant or two. One in the kitchen and one in our hotel bathroom but that was about it. It wasn't a big deal.

Location is convenient with Lahaina being down the road and beautiful Ka'anapalli beach a quick drive down.

Overall I have to say we enjoyed our stay at Kahana Falls. I guess if you are planning to stay here or are bound by your reservations be aware of all the reviews and you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — The waterfall
  • Disliked — The ants
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
22 Thank QriePut
California
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I was leary about this resort from the comments I read here. I can't stress enough how wrong the reviews are. Kahana Falls was beautiful roomy clean and insect free. The staff was great and the grounds could not be more beautiful. We enjoyed a week in a one bedroom two bath lock off condo with a a beautiful view of the pool and obstructed view of the ocean. We would definitely stay here again, and are strongly considering purchasing here.
With all the island of Maui has to offer the location of Kahana Falls could not be more convienient. Minutes from some of the best beaches and shopping on Maui. With Lahaina town a short drive down the road the dining options were endless.
Kahana Falls is great for families, Friends, or granparents. If you have the chance we strongly suggest a visit.
The Tobin Family

• Liked — The beautiful grounds and pool
  • Disliked — Check out time was early 10:am
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
23 Thank 4tobin
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Maui was beautiful.........but this was the worst place I have ever stayed in my life!!!!!!! Room was so small you have to go out in the hall to turn around. We got an upgrade and it was worse than the small room. We could hear the people above drop a spoon and just about every work they said.

Terrible....I suggest they should close the place down!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelerGilbert_AZ

Travelers are raving about these Lahaina hotels

San Jose, Ca
Reviewed May 7, 2007

Perhaps the smallest hotel room I have stayed during my many years of travel. The only window was facing the breezeway in the hallway. No ocean, no garden view.

Very disappointing. First time that I have ever lived in a dungeon for a week. Now I know how those enemy combatants feel like in Gitmo.

Other than the room, the resort is adequate. Across the street from a beach, although not the nicest one around.

Small pool and spa. Free Washer/Dryer for the guests a plus.

Place is clean and staff friendly.

Location is good near sights etc.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ksilver105
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 27, 2007

This is similar to a old Motel 6 or an OLD Super 8. Everything in my room needs to be changed. I can't beleive that they rated this as a 3 star resort. It is more like a 1 star. A complete and disgusting DUMP. Be Warned!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bogueplayer
Rogue River, Oregon
Reviewed December 20, 2006

We LOVED Kahana Falls. We had a 1-bdrm, 2-bath condo with full kitchen that was absolutely beautiful. It was light and airy with windows looking over the plush grounds of tropical trees, plants and flowers. The rooms were furnished beautifully, and the resort was very peaceful. The pool and sand-bottom hot tub were surrounded by lush greenery and rock waterfalls that just screamed "MAUI". We felt Kahana Falls was our home away from home, but better. We HIGHLY recommend this place and will be back next year.

• Liked — The beautiful and spacious condo
  • Disliked — That it wasn't directly on the water, but was close enough.
  • Tips/Secrets — You're in Maui, so enjoy every minute. Kahana Falls was a very pleasant surprise for us.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple