“Friendly customer service :)”

Breakwall Shave Ice Co.
Ranked #8 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakwall Shave Ice Co. opened March 1st, 2012, by childhood friends from Georgia. After a day at the beach surfing and playing volleyball, the idea spawned to have their own spot to go after a long beach day for something to refresh and rehydrate. What was just a fun idea, turned into reality and Breakwall Shave Ice Co. was born. Combing their love of Hawaii and their passion for the city life, they wanted to create a simple shop to serve shave ice and fresh dishes, with a modern city vibe. Drawing inspiration from the beauty around Maui, they designed a shop that is cool, relaxing, comfortable, inviting, and with FREE WIFI! Designing the menu with fresh and local ingredients in mind, they integrated island fruits for acai bowls and smoothies, local ice cream for shave ice, and local coffee to help get the days started. Breakwall Maui has the best shave ice around! We keep our flavors chilled, so the shave ice won't melt right away in the Lahaina Heat. Plus, we have World Famous ADULT SHAVE ICE! The shave ice gets tipsy when you add your favorite liquor (21+ - Dine in only). Try Adult Shave Ice during Happy Hour 2-6pm daily for only $5! Breakwall Shave Ice Co. designed by surfers and friends with an enthusiasm for exceptional fresh food and first class shave ice, this endeavor is truly their passion. Inviting you to join in the aloha at Breakwall Shave Ice Co. for fantastic grinds, delicious shave ice, and exciting Maui adventures! See you soon!
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We live on Maui, & the owners always help support us by letting us put our flyers in their windows. Super friendly & very chill people. :)

1  Thank Sunsoakiiier

Reviewed December 1, 2012

While chatting during a snorkelling trip with a crew member I was asking what the bog deal is with Hawaiian Shaved Ice. We had one at Whaler's Village and it was just sorta.... meh. He recommended Breakwall and so we gave it a go. WOW! This was NOTHING like the icky syrupy icy mess we had the day before.

I had a medium size Orange Mango (made with fresh fruit) and Tiger's Blood (noooo idea what was in it, but it was some sort of fruit blend) with coconut ice cream on the bottom of the cup. My husband had POG and Mango Orange. Both were sheer bliss drizzled onto a snoball the size of a snowman's head.

We even got to sample a new flavor --- Mojito -- which I HIGHLY recommend!!!!!!!! My next one I am having that for half the cone!

Besides the fact that this was the absolutely yummiest ice treat I have had in my entire life, Dave, one of the owners, was working there and was just as sweet as iced tea in the South. He could not have been friendlier, more helpful, or more welcoming..

We are going back tomorrow.

Maybe twice.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fast service and a great treat after your surf lesson. Right next door to Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy. Stop by and grab a shaved ice!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We loved it so much we went every day of our two week vacation. My three children recall Breakwall first then all the other fun activities to do on Maui! Javi is the best! Great inside tips on the island too! Highly recommend making this a daily stop while in Maui!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

How can you go wrong with shaved ice? I liked the POG/mango combination with ice cream. The service is always friendly and they have a few tables so you can eat sitting down.