“If you like shaved ice...this is the best of the best !!!!”

Breakwall Shave Ice Co.
Ranked #8 of 25 Dessert in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakwall Shave Ice Co. opened March 1st, 2012, by childhood friends from Georgia. After a day at the beach surfing and playing volleyball, the idea spawned to have their own spot to go after a long beach day for something to refresh and rehydrate. What was just a fun idea, turned into reality and Breakwall Shave Ice Co. was born. Combing their love of Hawaii and their passion for the city life, they wanted to create a simple shop to serve shave ice and fresh dishes, with a modern city vibe. Drawing inspiration from the beauty around Maui, they designed a shop that is cool, relaxing, comfortable, inviting, and with FREE WIFI! Designing the menu with fresh and local ingredients in mind, they integrated island fruits for acai bowls and smoothies, local ice cream for shave ice, and local coffee to help get the days started. Breakwall Maui has the best shave ice around! We keep our flavors chilled, so the shave ice won't melt right away in the Lahaina Heat. Plus, we have World Famous ADULT SHAVE ICE! The shave ice gets tipsy when you add your favorite liquor (21+ - Dine in only). Try Adult Shave Ice during Happy Hour 2-6pm daily for only $5! Breakwall Shave Ice Co. designed by surfers and friends with an enthusiasm for exceptional fresh food and first class shave ice, this endeavor is truly their passion. Inviting you to join in the aloha at Breakwall Shave Ice Co. for fantastic grinds, delicious shave ice, and exciting Maui adventures! See you soon!
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Tasty and very quick and professional staff....Flavors to die for and refreshing on a hot day... When I get back to Lahaina I will make a visit there a daily routine...

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Go for the macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom, shave ice on top w/banana and mango flavors. Yum.

My kids went back twice in one day--really great little restaurant with friendly help.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Simply put, your trip to paradise was not complete if you missed the amazing shaved ice at Breakwall!!! New on the scene, but atmosphere and flavor make it a truely memorable experience!! Don't walk, run to this one!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

If you're going to Lahaina, make sure Breakwall Shave Ice Co is the first place you stop! My friends and I spotted it driving by Front Street, it stood out with its bright cheery orange walls that make you think of a refreshing treat. I've eaten shave ice for a solid 20+ years, and I've never seen anything like the shave ice here! Instead of the boring "snow cap", they have LAVA- gushing down the side of super-fine shaved ice "volcanos".

Must Try:

Coconut Girl: macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom, coffee & coconut flavors on top-omg...

Kilauea: Root beer, wild cherry, strawberry, and lava all over- it really looks like the volcano!

Tofu Poke: I'm not usually a tofu person but out of curosity we tried it- and I will be back for more! Perfect combination of seasame, green onion, avocado & cucumber, with a delicious sauce!

The decor is clean, cool, and simple- there were surf movies playing in the background on flat screens. The staff is super friendly, funny, and extremely good-looking. Cant wait to get some more of that lava!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My son and I first stumbled upon this places as the rest of my family was shopping. This is the best shaved ice I have ever experienced, bar none (and there is a lot of shaved ice on the Island). We went back as many times as possible and almost made it back on our way to the airport. The guys at the shop were great and also gave us a great restaurant recommendation. Two thumbs way up for Breakwall!

1  Thank hej103