“First Time Scooter Renter”
Review of Cafe Cafe Maui

Cafe Cafe Maui
Ranked #8 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Best coffee on the island, serving 100% Maui in all our espresso drinks. We also serve delicious acai bowls, smoothies, and breakfast sandwiches.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a great place, staff, and atmosphere. My wife and I had never rented scooters ... the young fellow that did our lesseon was very kind and super helpful. We had the best time that day on the scooters. We would recommend highly. Also some great retail items. We did not try the coffee what were we thinking?? will do that next time :)

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at Lahaina Inn and dropped by this place couple of times. Nice coffee and nice Italian soda at reasonable price. I don't know about the rental experience, but for a drop-by refreshment during a walk tour around Lahaina, I'd recommend this place.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I rented a Vespa from this place. It was fairly new, in great shape and rode well. I rented it for a week to explore the island. I kept a snorkel and fins under the seat, and stopped to dive at countless beaches. Everything about the experience was excellent, right up until I returned the Vespa. The owner was upset that I had put so many miles on the bike. His mechanic was on hand to stick up for me, noting that I returned it fuelled up, washed and well cared for. I did treat it like it was my own bike, and babied it the whole time. Nevertheless, the owner gave me a major guilt trip for riding it so much. Hey Man, if you don't want your Vespa ridden, then don't rent it out!

1  Thank Pr0fessi0nalT0urist
Heather H, General Manager at Cafe Cafe Maui, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dude, you put 950 miles on the bike in 5 days! To put that in context, the perimeter of Maui is 120 miles total... so you basically went around the island more than 1.5 times each day. The owner was a bit shocked because, well, that's a lot of driving is all. It's surprising you had time to stop and snorkel or sleep at all :) Although the owner razzed you a bit, hope you'll appreciate that he never tried to impose any additional fees for your rental.

BTW, we just bought a number of new bikes in preparation for our busy season. If you're free, come back... we need help breaking them in before they're rentable.

Aloha,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Really I don't get it, dodgy hours sometimes they are open and sometimes they aren't. Bad service worse food/coffee not to mention the fact they are barley visible from the street. Overall experience was sub par.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is one of the best places on the island , I wish we had a CAFE CAFE in Paia . Everything about CAFE CAFE was great and your so close to the ocean half a block to the sand on the beach and then back for a gelato yum.