“Fantastic Instructors and Great Rides”
Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Learn to surf or SUP with our ohana in Lahaina! We provide everything you need to surf or SUP in each lesson! Our lessons includes use of a rashguard (to protect your skin), and reef booties (to protect your feet) as well as all the surf or SUP gear. We focus on safety and fun! Our instructors are local surf and SUP pros and excellent teachers with a passion for sharing aloha!
Torrance, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fantastic Instructors and Great Rides”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I always wanted to surf, always. Since I was very young, but never had the courage. I told myself while in Maui I would take a lesson. I did. The Maui Wave Riders, were amazing. My instructor, Todd, was awesome. He was patient and very good at explaining that this is all about safe fun surfing. I really enjoyed his instruction and when I come back to Maui, just may call on him again!!! Mahalo Todd!!!!!

Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“SO FUN! Stand Up Paddle Lesson”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My daughters (9 & 10) and I had an awesome SUP lesson with Chyna. She was GREAT! I absolutely loved learning how to paddle and rented my own the rest of our trip. My daughters took to it immediately...It's not hard at all if you are mildly athletic...Worth a lesson for sure! They also had a great photographer who takes pictures of you during your lesson...Lots of candid shots...totally worth the $$ to buy the CD of pics after the lesson.

Winter Springs, Florida
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Very fun”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great time with stand up paddle board. Had a lesson from "Jesse" before our 1 1/2 hours in the water. Jesse seemed nice and gave good instructions. As this was our first time paddle boarding, it was nice getting the lesson first. Hands on instruction really helped. Once out in the water, were more on our own. A great experience!

Once back at the office, we were introduced to someone who took pictures of us paddle boarding. Prices were too steep at $40 for a burned CD of us. I know all businesses try and make additional money, however on top of the paddle board fee, this should come with it for free...at least a much lower price.

Lake Ridge, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great value, effective instruction, easy to rent boards for follow-up experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took a morning surf lesson with MWR and found the instruction to be very effective, and fairly cheap for the 2 to 3 hours of class-time. Everyone in our class was able to stand multiple times by the end of the session and our instructor was able to take several of us out further than where all of the lessons started so we could catch some decent waves and get better at catching them unassisted.

The photo CD was only $20 (for a solo student) and there were many great pics for downloading and sharing. The instructor for my group was Todd, who was a very skilled teacher and extremely personable, as were all the other instructors I observed. This is a well run business! Also, after the lesson they will let you continue to use the board for another couple of hours for free, and they only charge around $10 or $15 to rent a board for the day for anyone wanting to go back thereafter.

Blue Springs, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great value and experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a great experience Stand Up Paddle board surfing with Chyna. It was the only single in the group of five, but everyone was nice and welcoming. Plus, you get coupons for future visits, an additional 2hr free board rental anytime/day after your lesson, a certificate, and hat. Great value and experience!

1 Thank KcMegan