“Great value, effective instruction, easy to rent boards for follow-up experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Learn to surf or SUP with our ohana in Lahaina! We provide everything you need to surf or SUP in each lesson! Our lessons includes use of a rashguard (to protect your skin), and reef booties (to protect your feet) as well as all the surf or SUP gear. We focus on safety and fun! Our instructors are local surf and SUP pros and excellent teachers with a passion for sharing aloha!
Lake Ridge, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took a morning surf lesson with MWR and found the instruction to be very effective, and fairly cheap for the 2 to 3 hours of class-time. Everyone in our class was able to stand multiple times by the end of the session and our instructor was able to take several of us out further than where all of the lessons started so we could catch some decent waves and get better at catching them unassisted.

The photo CD was only $20 (for a solo student) and there were many great pics for downloading and sharing. The instructor for my group was Todd, who was a very skilled teacher and extremely personable, as were all the other instructors I observed. This is a well run business! Also, after the lesson they will let you continue to use the board for another couple of hours for free, and they only charge around $10 or $15 to rent a board for the day for anyone wanting to go back thereafter.

Blue Springs, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great value and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a great experience Stand Up Paddle board surfing with Chyna. It was the only single in the group of five, but everyone was nice and welcoming. Plus, you get coupons for future visits, an additional 2hr free board rental anytime/day after your lesson, a certificate, and hat. Great value and experience!

1 Thank KcMegan
san diego, ca
“Melissa- The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been coming to MWR for years, renting boards etc.
Melissa is why I keep coming, She is so nice, easy to work with and is always so pleasent and wanted to please. It is hard to find good people that are reliable and can work with people. Wherever I shop, eat or spend my money for me is always based on relationship and this is why I keep coming back because of Melissa. Not sure if I would rent a board at MWR if Melissa was not there. You have an amazing person there in Melissa and she is a huge asset to your business. I cannot say enough good thing about her. Keep growing keep teaching people to surfl . Great staff, great location!!!!

Visited June 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have always wanted to learn how to surf, and our instructor Sonny helped me do just that! He worked with my brother and I to make sure we got up successfully, and properly. He was clear on instructions and did a great job making sure we were safe. Learning to surf was definitely one of the highlights of the trip and the entire lesson was fun, exhilarating, and the crew was fantastic. I would definitely come back here and surf again. We were up and surfing on our boards so quickly it was amazing! Sonny worked with us so well, and helped us catch the best and most waves. Maui Wave Riders is definitely a must do!

1 Thank Stina333
Cave Creek, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience, Great Staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My two sons had a wonderful experience with Akima. He was very friendly and helpful. The kids had lots of fun. They also allowed us to avail of the free board use that came with the surf lesson on any day we chose and the staff helped us a lot in getting the board into our car. We will definitely recommend this place to our family and friends!

Visited June 2013