“My first time snorkeling was very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Queen's Treasure

Queen's Treasure
More attraction details
Owner description: Queen's Treasure is Gold Coast Yachts 100th boat. She is 65' in length and 30' on the beam. She was built in 2011 in St Croix US Virgin Island. She sailed from St Croix in June of 2011 and arrive on Maui July 13, 2011 ~ Operating daily from Kaanapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui, We offer Maui Snorkel Trips, Sunset Cruises, Private Charters and during season, Whale Watching.
Calgary, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“My first time snorkeling was very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my first time snorkeling and I was nervous because I tend to get sea sick. Last time I was on a snorkeling boat, only my husband went in and I stayed onboard with our toddler and I was miserable with nausea. My husband talked me into it this time and so he and I went on the Queen's Treasure tour. Although we went just the two of us, there were families that went with young children as well as teenagers.

We boarded bright and early in the morning at Whalers Village on the beach. Once the boat departed from shore, we were given an introduction and safety brief and then had a light breakfast. We were supposed to go to Honolua Bay, however due to the winds and rain, Honolua Bay would have been too murky so they took us to Olowalu. Apparently even Molokini was not a desirable destination for snorkeling that day and so there were a lot of boats out in Olowalu.

We anchored ship and given another safety brief and then let loose into the water. Being a first time snorkeler, I got a float belt and loved it. The water was nice and warm and in no time, we saw fish everywhere and turtles as well. Even one turtle came up for air and hung out at the surface of the water as if to mock us snorkelers. We were given over an hour in the water and it was only after lying still and floating in the water did I start to get quesy when I got onto the boat. After some fresh air and lunch, I felt fine again.

The boat was only a couple of months old so very new and in great condition. The bathrooms were clean and spacious as well, but not the place to go if you're seasick. :)

After snorkeling, we were taken out in search of whales and we did see what we think was a group of 3 whales, one baby whale and 2 adults. They didn't surface very much but we would see them come up for air. Then were taken back to Whalers Village. The whole trip took about 4.5 hours.

The captain, Captain Brad, and the crew were all very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable as we learned some facts about whales when we went looking for them.

I'd definitely recommend this activity and would do it again.

Visited December 2013

canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a great experience. Very impressed with the quality of service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have gone to whale watching in Honolulu and a few other places, but the trip with Queen's Treasure is over the top! The crew members were awesome, Greg was very informative about whales and sea life, Captain Brad was great. The catamaran was beautiful! We saw false whales, humpback whales and dolphins. The dolphins were swimming around the boat, really cool. I would recommend booking your adventures with Queen's Treasure, totally worthwhile. We are going on a snorkeling trip tomorrow with them. Keep up the good work Queen's Treasure, we will be back for more.

Visited December 2013
Bucks County
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“wonderful sunset cruise.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Last night my husband and I took a sunset cruise on the Queens Treasure. What a lovely night it was. The ship is beautful. The crew were friendly and attentive and loved to talk about the ship. We sailed most of the time with the beautful sails flapping in the warm wind. This is a byob cruise.The crew supplies appetizers, glasses, ice, soda, water, etc. This is a very mellow cruise....just sit back and unwind!!

Visited November 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“No crowds - excellent crew - they actually sail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have been to Maui a dozen times and have done many of the catamaran cruises, they are all about the same EXCEPT the Queens Treasure. A relatively new company, they are secret treasure. The crew was excellent, booking easy, the boat is brand new, food plentiful and good, there destinations for snorkel and sunset cruises are what the other ships offer. What sets them apart is there is no crowd, I have been one of 50 people on a cruise before, it is awful - waiting to get drinks or food, not getting a good seat, the Queens Treasure being new has very few passengers on each cruise. This gives you time to talk to the crew, even the Captain. They are knowledgeable, friendly and really go out of their way to make sure you have a great time, and they really put the sails up and sail. My suggestion is book a trip before the secret gets out that they are the best.

Visited November 2013
McCall, Idaho
“An absolute buckle list MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thank you Jan, Linda, Bud, and Cassandra for such a wonderful sunset cruise! Between the dolphins, incredible views, sailing and sunset, it made our trip!

Visited October 2013