“High degree of awesomeness!!”

Kainani Sails Maui Sailing Charters - Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Kainani Sails a Hawaii Adventure Sailing Company. Kainani is a 43' Beneteau Oceanis built with safety and comfort in mind. Escape the crowds and sail aboard a private yacht for a afternoon, a day or even a week. Choose your adventure or create your own. Learn to sail, relax, snorkel, fish, and enjoy Hawaii.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a fantastic time with Iwa and Keow onboard Kainani! We simply loved everything about the 4 days we spend onboard ;) The sailing, the wind, the turtles, the whales, the nearly whale-crash, the dolphin ride, the under-water world, the beaches, the coconut moment on Molokai, the sleep onboard, the food, liliko'i butter, honey mustard dressing, the sun, the hike (and the sunset) to the look-out on Lana'i, the photo-jumps, the wins and losses in the card game at night, and I could mention a lot more memorable moments!

Thanks to Iwa and Keow for being such good hosts and friends! I would definetely recommend to go sailing with them! There is nothing better than seing the beauty of Hawaii from a sailboat. The time is now, so just do it!! :)

1  Thank Margrethe N

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Aloha! : )
I was a little nervous about sailing (!) as I had only done so once on the ocean off Calif. coast. Also, even more nervous about eating with two dietary allergies. Keao & Iwa were able to assess my fears, address & solve them with care & concern for me. My fears all disappeared on board! My husband & I had a great time! I quickly felt safe & secure watching Keao & Iwa easily handle the boat. They showed us a true spirit of Hawaii and aloha with their individual attention to each of us and as a couple to assure our comfort and fun!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had an amazing experience with Iwa and Keao! It was definitely the Maui highlight for every member of our group. Our party had a diverse sailing background (primarily inexperienced), all ages and mostly new to Maui and we couldn't have asked for a friendlier, more knowledgeable, and skilled crew. We were offered a variety of activities including snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and whale watching. The crew was extremely informative and gave us a great nautical background as well as answering all our questions about the local history and culture of the island. Children were thrilled to be allowed to "help" sail the boat. Keao and Iwa also knew the best spots to observe the marine life. Within minutes, they spotted migrating humpback whales. They were mindful of maintaining appropriate distances but to everyone's delight, three playful, hide and seek humpbacks surrounded the boat gracefully emerging and submerging around us creating breathtaking memories and photos. The whales played with the sailboat for many minutes until a large, charter boat packed with dozens of spectators and noisy engines chased them away. I realized how fortunate we were to be a part of such an intimate experience. I guarantee any unfortunate individual on the cattle herd boat probably thought they were getting MY experience when they signed up and would have traded me places instantly. Iwa was constantly scanning the horizon and had an amazing eye. She spotted turtles and even a school of Spinner dolphins that ultimately crossed our path- quite a contrast to the leisurely whales. A lone dolphin lingered for a minute dancing and spinning at the bow of the boat- it was a perfect moment on the perfect day. We are so grateful to Kainani Sails for creating this moment for us. I would highly recommend them to anyone for the ultimate Hawai'i experience. We made lifelong friends and will definitely be returning. Mahalo Keao and Iwa!

1  Thank Kristin C
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We spent a day with this amazing couple. Definitely a day trip of a lifetime. We saw dolphins and whales that came right up to the boat. Their extensive sailing knowledge was impressive and they may have converted a few on board into a lifetime of sailing.

I couldn't recommend them enough! They are living the dream and if you're lucky enough to sail with them, you'll get to share the dream for a bit.

1  Thank Skalls38
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Spent the day with some friends and this wonderful crew. Both the crew and the yacht was top notch. We set sail for the day in hopes of seeing some whales and anything else that popped up. It wasn't long before we had our first whale sighting. Soon after we saw three more whales and then a pod of dolphins. The crew was very professional at not harassing the whales, yet they still knew exactly where to be sitting when the whales came up for a breath. A few times we were able to look below the yacht as the whales swam below it.
We also had 3 kids with us, all under the age of 11, and they had a blast. We were worried that they would get bored or not have any fun, but they loved it. The crew were fantastic with the kids and all of us can't wait to do it again.

1  Thank davidmarino1