“Diner food, Hawaii prices”

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 26 Dessert in Lahaina
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is casual family style dining in a comfortable plantation era atmosphere. Our menu features an assortment of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, baked goodies, daily specials and of course, sweet and savory pies. Our focus on farm fresh and sustainable ingredients is important to us and we work with our local providers to ensure we are offering the best product available to our customers.
Philadelphia, PA
“Diner food, Hawaii prices”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love diner food, but I had learned by this time not to expect anything to be a bargain in the islands. That said, my first meal there, a good old cheeseburger, was cooked right and served on a good bun, toasted; the fries I filched from my friend's plate and the lime pie I shared with another friend were also tasty. I was a little less impressed at breakfast 2 days later; I was the first to order in my group, just scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast, but the last to receive my meal. My eggs appeared to have been scrambled right on the griddle because the white was still showing (semi-scrambled?). The bacon, however, was spot-on and the toast was definitely NOT the cold cardboard slab it is so often is with a diner breakfast --homemade, thick, and yummy, especially with the strawberry-something jam on it. Go for the baked goods!

• Korean first
Oswego, New York
“You should go for the pie alone!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My son wanted to go here just for the pie!! And we were not disappointed with the pie.
The burgers were above average and the buns were really pretty good. But bottom line, it was just a burger and was pretty expensive at that. And the service consisted of them bringing your meal to the table. You had to fetch your own water and silverware. So as far as the meal goes, it was nothing special.
But the pie saved the day. We had three different kinds or pie and they were all exceptional!! If you get to Maui near Lahaina, I recommend stopping here and getting a pie. You won't regret it.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Pies”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Excellent Pie, food & other desserts!! The key lime pie was amazing. The service was also very good. Casual... People in their bathing suits who have clearly been at the beach! great atmosphere...

• Visited April 2014
“Expensive and nothing special”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to exit 14 (Olowalu) as we got hungry. Thought wow, it's busy, must be good. Boy was I wrong. We ordered a chicken sandwich, a cheeseburger and what they said was a shareable size of fries. $25 bucks later, we get 2 small sandwiches and what I call fries for one. I don't know if the big thing here are the desserts, but the sandwiches aren't that big of a deal. I wouldn't bother going back unless I had no food and was hungry.

1 Thank Sabrina J
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Easy to miss but please don't”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Yes, this place may be a little tricky to find in that you may well pass it at the moment that you realize that was what you just passed! Hidden in a large grove of trees, there is plenty of parking to the side. We were fortunate enough to visit them on the first day that they opened two years ago and if anything, they have upped their game. We have eaten there now on eight different occasions and tried just about everything they create. The banana cream pies are too good to leave behind so we usually snag two for the refrigerator back at the condo. The portions are not large and as with all other food establishments on the island, they are pricey. But as the alternative is to cook something at home, the extra money that vacation meals always seem to garner, is worth it! Try Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop, you will be glad that you did.