“Phenomenal”

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is casual family style dining in a comfortable plantation era atmosphere. Our menu features an assortment of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, baked goodies, daily specials and of course, sweet and savory pies. Our focus on farm fresh and sustainable ingredients is important to us and we work with our local providers to ensure we are offering the best product available to our customers.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was our first time in Maui and thanks to doing research on Trip Advisor, I knew about Leoda's. Went by for take out tonight and since I couldn't pick just one sandwich, I ordered the Spicy Tuna and an upcountry dog. My husband had the pastrami sandwich which he said was good.

Spicy Tuna: best tuna sandwich I've ever had. The spice is perfect. I love spicy food and nine times out of ten, when a restaurant labels an item "spicy" I can detect almost no spice but this sandwich had a nice kick.

Upcountry dog: Portuguese sausage dog with mustard and onion. I had misgivings about ordering it because I tend to not like many sausages I try outside Louisiana but this one was really good.

Dessert: banana cream pie--only one word to describe it: exquisite!

My order was put together very quickly and I was on my way.

I hope I can work in at least 1 more visit to Leoda's before we leave Maui.

If I had one criticism of the place, it was completely lacking in exterior lighting. I had to park in the parking area on the side of the building because the front slots were full and it was so dark--pitch black--that I couldn't see where I was walking and the cheap temporary cell phone I was carrying didn't have a flash light. I stumbled a little bit on a large rock.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is sooooo yummy. I can't wait to go back. Both their sweet & savoury pies are worth the pit stop.

Cute little shop with great friendly service and delicious pies.

They bake everything daily and the provide the take home banana bread from Old Lahaina Luau. YUMMY!!!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had been to Maui 6 times but never to Leoda's. We went there 3 times on this two week visit. There Chocolate macadamia pie was very good.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We've been to Maui before, but hadn't gone to Leoda's before. It won't be our last visit! We tried the chocolate macadamia nut pie and their savory chicken pot pie. The crust on each was light & flakey and the fillings were really wonderful. Chocolate & macadamias...what could go wrong with that? The chicken & vegetables were perfect. Since it was a pie shop & our first visit, we stuck to the pies, but would gladly try the other items on their menu. Very busy place just off to the side of the road before you get into Lahaina.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice spot for something different. The restaurant has an upscale relaxed feel. Banana cream, chocolate macadamia. Good. The savory pies looked great.