“Great food!”

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 23 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is casual family style dining in a comfortable plantation era atmosphere. Our menu features an assortment of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, baked goodies, daily specials and of course, sweet and savory pies. Our focus on farm fresh and sustainable ingredients is important to us and we work with our local providers to ensure we are offering the best product available to our customers.
Sugar Land
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We went to Leodas based on Yelp reviews and it was great. A casual diner, you order at the front and they bring your meal to you. I got their veggie burger and it was the best I've ever had. The young lady who greeted us was genuinely friendly and helpful. She explained the burger was made primarily from tarot and would be softer. It was but it was awesome, flavorful and fresh. The fries were great too. We tried the chocolate Mac and banana crime pies and while everyone raved about the chocolate pie, we loved the banana pie most. My brother had the seared ahi and my Mom had the pot pie and everything was outstanding. We will be going back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It should be called a tart shop!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I had drove by Leoda's a couple of times and decide to stop for a piece of coconut cream pie. For starters it's a large tart, with a simple graham crust, not pastry and a mediocre filling not a lot of coconut flavor for $8.50, the reviews we read had raves? we were very disappointed, won't go there next visit!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CindyandEarl
Pittsburgh, PA
“Over Priced and Over Rated”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently visited Maui for several days, and I always trust Trip Advisor posters to provide me with really great feedback. Well, I have to say, Leoda's came so highly rated, but it totally missed the mark. My husband absolutely loves banana cream pie. After reading multiple reviews, I thought to myself, "Oh, WOW, this will be a very special surprise for lunch for my husband. He will love it!" Although, I thought the price was a bit high for a mini pie, I thought it would be a special treat since Leoda's came so HIGHLY RECOMMENDED from the Trip Advisor participants. The crust was a graham cracker crust, 1/2 of the pie consisted mostly of some kind of whipped topping, and very little custard and banana. My husband ate about 2 bites, and I ate about 2 bites. We left the rest of the pie. I also read about how WONDERFUL Leoda's chocolate macadamia pie is, and a must try. There were 4 people sitting next to us. They ordered a sampling (3) of the pies, including the chocolate macadamia nut, and did not FINISH one of the pies. So, NO, their pies are not to die for, they will only kill your wallet :)

For lunch, my husband ordered a Club Sandwich. The sandwich is $12.50. He was asked if he wanted cheese on the sandwich. He said, "yes." He was charged an additional $1 for the cheese AND the bread wasn't toasted. What restaurant on the face of this planet doesn't toast their Club Sandwich and INCLUDE cheese on it? Leoda's. Additionally, oh my gosh, like ..... if you pay $12.50 for a sandwich, don't you think they'd at least put some chips on the plate? Not Leoda's ......

I had originally wanted to order a salad, but it was only seasonal; I'm not sure when brussel sprouts go out of season, that was truly a surprise. So, I just thought (without paying too much attention to the menu board) I'd go with my standby of a "traditional" Cobb Salad, which I usually love. Hmmmmmmm .... not traditional. Here's the meat on the salad: Bacon. You read that right, no ham, no turkey .... just ----- Bacon. Also on the salad was "oven roasted tomato," but they tasted like they had been marinated, and, I did not care for them. Finally, the buttermilk dressing tasted like lemons.

My husband some how got the impression when we went into the restaurant that you order and pay at the counter, but you get service, so he left a 20% gratuity when he paid. Well ... don't do that. The servers bring you your food. That's it. But, if you want water, you have to get up and get it yourself.

It is so rare that I ever say anything negative about a restaurant, but I have to say, Leoda's made me feel like I was having a really bad hair day.

3 Thank SandraPittsburgh_PA
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“doesn't live up to its reputation”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

very expensive pie. topping was something like cool whip....not whipping cream which is what I'd expect for a piece of banana cream pie costing about $8. I would not go here again for pie.

1 Thank Daryl G
San Carlos, California
“You need to stop here.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Leoda's is just a gem. It is easy to pass this unassuming building on your drive to Kaanapali or Lahaina. But don't! Stop in and get some fantastic comfort food. The pies are delicious. I had the roast pork hoagie which was a winner. Check out Leoda's you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013