“Roadside diner worthy of a visit or two or three...”

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is casual family style dining in a comfortable plantation era atmosphere. Our menu features an assortment of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, baked goodies, daily specials and of course, sweet and savory pies. Our focus on farm fresh and sustainable ingredients is important to us and we work with our local providers to ensure we are offering the best product available to our customers.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We've driven past this diner many times during our visits to Maui over the past couple of years. On a prior trip, when we finally decided to pull off the highway and stop in, they were closed! So, on this trip, we made sure we arrived earlier.

We were short on time so we decided to try their well known banana cream pie. We ordered the 5" pie and split it between the two of us. It was simply amazing! The pie was super fresh, not sicky sweet, and the banana flavours balanced perfectly with the whipped cream topping. The crust was equally amazing.

Based on other reviews I have read on tripadvisor, I will definitely try the chocolate macadamian nut pie on a future visit.

We watched as the food orders came out of the kitchen. Everything looked fantastic and the portions are considerable so do come with an appetite. We also noticed a lot of take-out orders too.

As we were leaving, I noticed an interesting looking dish that was being enjoyed by two ladies sitting near-by. I had to ask what they were eating and they told me it was fried mac'n cheese. I don't even like mac'n cheese but want it looked so appetizing I will keep that in mind for a future visit.

1  Thank Michael R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were starving after our flight into Maui. I looked up affordable eats in Maui and saw this place. It was right on the way to our resort, so I told my husband we should go in for sandwiches and pies. Delicious!! I had the turkey club on multi-grain and he had some kind of philly melt. My young son had their baked mac and cheese. My sandwich was so fresh tasting and the bread was perfect. I was being piggy and bought some pies to go: banana cream, coconut cream and chocolate macademia. Our favorite was the chococlate macademia pie. My only regret was not coming back to this place during the rest of our stay. We just got busy and didn't get a chance. We'll definitely come back again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Really good informal place to eat. A wide varity of delicious food and some really good pies are served here. I recommend it when in or near Lahaina.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great hot sandwiches and amazing pie! My husband had the hot pastrami sandwich and I had the hamnn. Wonderful. We split the apple pie. Delicious iced tea. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

For any boomer rolling past Olowalu before going to Lahaina, gotta stop for pot pies, breads, pastries, and other old fashioned diner food with an upscale twist. Decor is right out of our institutional high school memories, including the bathroom stalls. Buy a shirt or other souvenir too!