“Tried it - not great”

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 25 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is casual family style dining in a comfortable plantation era atmosphere. Our menu features an assortment of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, baked goodies, daily specials and of course, sweet and savory pies. Our focus on farm fresh and sustainable ingredients is important to us and we work with our local providers to ensure we are offering the best product available to our customers.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As a pie lover I was very much looking forward to trying Leoda's after reading reviews here. We tried twice to eat hear. The first time they were closed (just after 5 on a Sunday) and the second time they were out of all pie 3 hours before closing. How can you be a pie shop and not have pie?

We decided to try the other food items for dinner since we hadn't eaten yet. Each of us tried something different, but not one of us were impressed with the food. It wasn't bad, but it was overpriced and not great. Two of my party said they would have preferred Taco Bell.

The location is nice and the restaurant itself is cute inside. People were friendly.

2  Thank Gexbert
Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Pie shop is the draw, but don't be fooled that the pies aren't their only success story. One of the best Reuben sandwiches I have ever had was served on our visit to Leoda's. There were several sandwich choices, and our table shared them all with each other and not one was disappointing.

The pies are utterly fantastic - and we tried them all. 5 flavors that day, 5 people in our group, take a bite and pass it around. The Key Lime was my favorite, but none of them disappointed.

The Kitchen is located between Lahaina and the Scenic Lookout in an area called Olowalu, near a fresh produce stand and teh Olowalu General store. There isn't a ton of seating, but you can get it to go as well. That said, our group of 5 got a table right as we finished ordering, and everyone seems willing to scoot over if an extra seat is needed.

A fantastic lunch spot not to be missed.

1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We thought this place was very neat. The food was good - especially the pork, pork, pork sandwich. Our fries were a bit overcooked and my in-laws were disappointed in the coconut pie. They have a nice selection of sandwiches, savory hand pies, salads, burgers & dogs.

1  Thank TheVanNordens
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have now been here 3 times since I accidently discovered this place on the way back to Kihei from Lahaina. Definitely worth a stop. The staff are pleasant, the place is clean and bright, the food is great. The veggie burger was to die for. I can't remember what else I ate, just remember clearing the plate. They're open till 8pm.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped there on our way home after a whale watch trip in Lahaina. Had high expectations because of all the reviews on this site. My wife and I both ordered the burger since it had been a while since had a good one and we ordered a side of fries with the aioli dipping sauce. We skipped the pies because we found them to be too pricey.
This is the type of place where you order your food at the counter then seat yourselves and they bring the food out to you. The burgers showed up in reasonable time and they were pretty tasty. I was halfway through my half pound burger and the fries still had not appeared. When they did show up, I was really disappointed because even though they were very fresh and hot, they were limp and soggy - no crunch to them at all and the aioli did not really work with them or the burger.