“"Save room for pie!!"”

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is casual family style dining in a comfortable plantation era atmosphere. Our menu features an assortment of hand-crafted sandwiches, salads, baked goodies, daily specials and of course, sweet and savory pies. Our focus on farm fresh and sustainable ingredients is important to us and we work with our local providers to ensure we are offering the best product available to our customers.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As frequent visitors to Maui my husband & I were pleased to see the recommendation for Leoda's left by the owners of the condo we always use. As we visit so often we have tried most of the existing restaurants and were anxious to try something new. We drove into the parking lot on a busy Saturday afternoon & had to park in a dirt lot next door. As we walked up to Leoda's we could see that there were many folks ahead of us in line to order, but decided to go ahead and get into the line. The ladies taking orders were very fast & extremely pleasant and the line progressed nicely. The biggest dilemma was deciding what to order as everything looked delicious. We ended up with one of the speciality hot dogs and a burger. Both were excellent. We also ordered the "Fried Mac n Cheese"! Delicious. A side worth trying. We both wanted iced tea and the lady taking orders gave us a large bottle of tea which was wonderful & plenty for several refills each. We wanted pie but knew we would be too full, so ordered the pies we wanted and they were boxed up & kept in the refer until we were ready to go. The pies are to die for, the rolls freshly made and delicious, and all in all a very good addition to the already great places to eat in Lahaina. We told several friends about this place & all visited it, some more than once, while we were all on Maui.

1  Thank jasminejade
Write a ReviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

South of Lahaina at just a wide spot in the road but what a great find. Leoda's has only been open less than a year but they are doing a terrific job. We stopped by on the way back to Lahaina after dropping off my parents at the airport. We had the fried salad and the pork, pork, pork sandwich. Best food we've had the past week we've been here. We are now sharing the chocolate Mac pie and wow. Will try the berry pie tonight after dinner. The owners also have Star Noodle in Lahaina, and this is another hit. Don't miss this one since Maui doesn't have a lot of great food.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We live on the South side of Maui, and decided to take a drive over to the West Side. We had never stopped in Olowalu before (just driving by on our way to Lahaina), but we saw that this resturant had just opened, and were very impressed. The store front drew us in, and the service was awesome....plus the hand held pies are amazing. Good sandwich selection too, and they use mostly local ingredients. Will definetly be making a return visit in the future!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a cute, modern-rustic spot... come for pie and coffee (and wi-fi) and hang out a while. I had the fried salad which was really good- especially the dressing. The pies, of course, are delish. The apple pie was not worth the $8 price tag (but the chocolate macadamia nut definitely was!)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for lunch after reading all the great reviews.I ordered the ahi tuna sandwich, one the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. The avocado,dressing, and fresh baked rye bread were perfect with this sandwich.
My husband ordered the fried chicken special. He thought the mashed potatoes were good, but the chicken OK. I will say that he is very picky about his fried chicken, and all the times he has order it out, the ONLY time he has raved was at Stroud's in Kansas City.
I ordered the chocolate macadamia nut pie for dessert. Delicious! My husband doesn't usually eat desert but even he had no problem helping me to finish the pie.
I am hoping to get one more visit in before we leave so I can try one (or two) of their other mini deserts.