“The best.”

Die Hard Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Die Hard Sport Fishing catches fish 9 out of 10 times we go out fishing. We leave earliest and use Live bait, We fillet your fish and tell you how to cook it. We supply all the Bait & Tackle. We specialize in Our early departure 8hr fishing trip. We also have 6hr and 4hr fishing trip. Including Bottom fishing Great fun!
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been fortunate to fish out of Lahaina on 4 different boats and Die Hard was far and away the best fishing experience. Other charters will go through the motions of fishing but these guys want to catch. Captain Sam is experienced, knowledgeable, and best of all he truly loves what he does, to catch fish! If you want to go sightseeing or on a booze cruise use someone else, if you want to be in the best situation to catch fish go out with these guys.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"motion sickness medicine"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you wanna ride and bake in the sun all day for nothing. Book with Start Me Up. Or some other hotel concierge pick for a Lahaina Harbor fishing boat.
But if you think your real talk . If you think u like to fish . And you wanna play wit Tha big Boys. BOOk DIE HARD FIshing. Get you a group of four or five. (Make sure they are ready to go. ) Call these guys book the whole boat and go out and get u some.
nobody and I mean nobody has anything on these guys. Boys leave at 10 at night fight sharks for bait fish when the moon go down. Go to sleep and wake up to screaming reels and fish on calls. Take u some dremadine. Fitna be a long nite. Eat fish for weeks if u can bring em in. We caught couple hundred pounds of ahi and mahi right off the top of the morning. Then caught a huge Ahi on the way in. Captain and crew were on point . We didn't lose a fish all day.

So Dont be mad about not catching anything unless u took this advice. Die hard fishing. Either u like catch em or u like a boat ride. Up to u.... best day of fishing of my life. These guys Dont play Amy games or pull any punches. So either go all in or just go to Kimos and order your fish. Book the whole boat. Worth every penny..

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I used this charter 3 years ago and was treated very well and my group caught a tuna and a mahi. We had a great time. However, just the other night I had a private charter booked far in advance. I spoke to them several times to confirm the reservation. I even spoke to them the day before the charter. When I arrived at the dock 30 minutes before the check in time four other people showed up. I asked the captain if this was some sort of joke. I told him I booked a private charter and the company booked me with four other strangers. The captain was clueless and called his boss. When I spoke to her she apologized and offered to re-book me or let me go fishing for free during the day. I advised her that I was leaving Maui the next day like I told her on the phone before and that I was not interested in a group trip. I was a repeat customer that booked this charter well in advanced and they totally ruined it for me. I was also on Maui for my honeymoon so that made it worse. I am a licensed captain and a lifelong fisherman. I understand that boats break down and that fishing is inconsistent at times. But the unprofessionalism that was displayed to me was unacceptable. Do not use this fishing charter. The only good that came of this is that they did not charge my credit card.

4  Thank Roy1834
captfuzzydiehard, Manager at Die Hard Sport Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Booking error... sometimes it happens, This is why we call to confirm. When we called we did tell you that there were 4 other people on the boat.. Please at that time say something..... or even when you got the email that did not say we had you booked on an 8hr PRIVATE?? please say something..like I think there might be a mistake with my booking reservation...Sorry these things happen I wish you could of went on Our shared trip we caught a bunch of fish... Also this is for others booking a fishing trip, please try to book at the beginning of your vacation so if some mishap like this should occur We could move things around to get you out fishing... Plus always make sure you always give us a contact phone number that you will have in Hawaii.. not your home phone number. Sorry to all we have disappointed, we hope to keep getting it right..Aloha's

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and son recently went on a fishing trip with Dave and Sam and had a great time! My son caught a nice sized mahi mahi and together, they caught several tuna. These captains couldn't have been better. I think my guys enjoyed the conversations almost as much as the fishing! I was so glad we chose the day we did because no boats had caught fish for a few days before this. Unfortunately, if they're not biting, you can't catch 'em. It was a great experience for them and I would most definitely call Die Hard again if we make it back to Maui!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

April 24, 2013 My husband and I wanted to go charter fishing for our anniversary. We wanted a group of guys that would take us out and let us reel in some fish. We didn't care how early or late or whatever the case may have been. We went out with three other people. They were great. We all took turns reeling in. We caught 47 tuna that day and it was the best part of our vacation. Yes you have to get up early and try to catch some live bait and yes it takes along time to get to their spot. But it was totally worth it. The boat we were on might not be brand spanking new but it just shows that the fish don't care what the boat looks like. Next time we take a vacation to Maui we will be bringing our kids out fishing with Die Hard the name says it all!!