“good food”
Review of Local Food - CLOSED

Local Food
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good food in a casual setting...This place reminds me of a food truck (but immobile). You go up to the window to order, then sit outdoors at shaded tables.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I cant believe how many great places there are to eat in Lahina.

You cant go wrong with any of the following places.

Lahaina Pizza Company
One Gelato Company
Captain Jacks
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Konas Seaside Grill
CheeseBurger in Paradise
Cool Cat

I'm sure there are more but these are some of our favorite places.

We have been to Maui twice now and I can say I have been to all of these places a few times and when we go back we are certain to visit them once again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good god, this place was good. The kahlua pork was crispy, juicy, porky, and delicious. The adobo was to die for. I had both dishes twice as I had to visit 5 times. Had the lau lau once but didn't care much for it. It was hard to catch it open as it seemed to be open just whenever they felt like it and followed no real schedule. A few times I tried eating there but it was closed even though the hours on the door said it should have been open. If you can catch it when it's open, do stop there. It's a humble little hole in the wall with a couple of picnic tables outside with incredible home-cooked food.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Asked locals for some "home cooked" food and was directed here. Out of a little trailer in a plaza, drove by a few times and didn't even notice. Owner a great lady, been in Hawaii for 20 years. Had the pork/cabbage twice it was so good! Huge portions!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hey the name says it all. This is the place to get local food. I said nothing about "cheap" so you should not expect it either. Love the spam musubis!. Caution that there is only 1 lady cooking over there and she is the same person that takes the order as well. So its serial processing all the way.