“Delicious Food for a Splurge Dinner”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: We are temporarily closed because of Covid 19 But we are proud to announce that Honu will reopen by November 23rd Mahalo Mark and Judy Ellman
Reviewed July 22, 2016

I visited Honu on recommendation from a local friend, and it did not disappoint. I was particularly impressed by the staff, who were warm and helpful. As some reviews mention, the prices are quite high, even for Maui. I had the large bowl of seafood chowder (a very reasonable $13) and as a native New Englander, I have to tell you I know chowder and this was truly memorable. The fish and chips (with three generous pieces of fresh ono, and a mix of sweet potato and regular fries) was $34, which definitely made me pause, but it was flawlessly done and delicious. Overall, I would go back in a heart beat, but I'd have to save up some cash if I wanted some of the more expensive entrees and/or a dessert... :)

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,177)

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Return trip to Maui means a return to Honu! Fantastic service with an exquisite view, and then there is the spectacular food. Started off with local Maui beers, Bikini Blond Lager, and Washington Oyster Shooters. I had the Dungeonas Crab Sandwich which was marvelous, Boss Lady had Ono Fish & Chips which she loved. May go back in a few days, or visit the sister restaurants next door. Can't miss with this family chain of Maui restaurants.

Reviewed July 17, 2016

This was our second time to Honu and it was as delicious and memorable as the first time! A great variety of local fish--all prepared perfectly. We love how this restaurant sits right on (over) the water for an especially spectacular view and dining experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2016

We were only in the area for one week and we ate at this place twice! They offer gluten free options as well! We enjoyed the GF pizza, fish and chips and desserts on our visits. The staff are very friendly and the view could not be better. We were feet away from the ocean! If we return to this area, we will be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Had a wonderful dinner at Honu Seafood and Pizza. The service was excellent and highly attentive (water was filled well before empty and plates where cleared in an efficient and non-intrusive manner). The food was also top notch. We had one of the specials of the day (lobster pizza) and it was delicious! The Ono fish and chips also were out standing. Not a cheap meal, but you get your money's worth.

1  Thank S W