“Gem on Maui”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: In 2010 Judy and Mark opened Honu Seafood & Pizza 20 feet away from Mala Ocean Tavern. A quintessential seafood eatery which has a fully unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean with 10 feet from waters edge.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Honu was a great find on Maui. We had past the location (Front Street in Lahaina) many times and always wondered what it would be like for dinner. My own and I dropped in last week for a quick pizza lunch. It was outstanding. $19 bucks + two drinks and we were full.
Last night we went back with the full family, grandparents also. We did make a reservation and avoided the lineup. The sunset view from an ocean front table was very beautiful. The food was exceptional. Appetizers were tasty and I had the butternut, coconut soup. A full bowl was enough for my son and I. Mussels in a marinara sauce was worth of the $16 price tag. My father enjoyed them some much, he did not even need an entrée. Drinks were reasonable priced and food was on the upper end of family dining. Party of 6, with a bottle of wine, drinks before and two desert was $300 (including the standard applied 18% gratuity). We will be back.

1  Thank Dr Michael O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Popped in for happy hour drinks and were seated one table back from the water to give us shade but still with an excellent view. Good, friendly, service. We had a couple of drinks, didn't eat as were going onto a dinner reservation but when I go back to Maui I'll definitely dine here, loved the location and we were treated to the sight of a beautiful turtle having a very long well deserved rest not far from our table, wonderful.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was our first trip to Honu and it was a wonderful experience. We made a early reservation (5pm) and were seated on the row overlooking the water. The view is spectacular, straight across the channel to the island of Lanai. The meal was great, we started with Brushetta and Spanish Octopus appetizers, then baby romaine salad and finished with pepperoni pizza. The service was attentive and friendly. The only thing better than the meal was the sunset and the sea turtles swimming right outside the restaurant. A wonderful experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was truly our favorite meal on the island. When we arrived, we were seated at an ocean view table and watched the sunset. It was perfection. The food, overall, was excellent and a much better value, for Maui at least, than the other places we checked out. I am gluten-free and sometimes have challenges with finding good meal choices when dining out. This was no problem here. They have extensive gluten-free options. We started off the night with the fresh burrata, which was absolutely divine with the coarse sea salt, sesame seeds, and local tomatoes. I followed this up with the kobe burger, which was incredibly juicy and tasty. My husband ordered the crab mac n cheese, which he reported as indulgent and delicious. We left lighthearted and with our bellies full and happy. We will definitely be back next time we are in Maui.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The food was delicious but we were a little taken aback by the bill that was over $100 for lunch! We did have 2 appetizers and 2 drinks but still....