“Good Seafood + Ocean view”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 268 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: In 2010 Judy and Mark opened Honu Seafood & Pizza 20 feet away from Mala Ocean Tavern. A quintessential seafood eatery which has a fully unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean with 10 feet from waters edge.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Everything in Lahaina is touristy, however, we had an excellent meal with excellent service here. We had a 7 PM reservation, arrived 5 min early, place was totally full, we were told it would be "a few minutes". Based on some reviews here, I expected this would be some time, so we sat down at the bar and ordered drinks. (Bartender was extremely pleasant, prompt and professional.) We were then pleasantly surprised to be seated at a nice table at 7:05! If you happen to get an outside table, atmosphere is great; inside is ok. Waitress (Erika) was friendly, prompt, attentive, helpful, and generally excellent. I had the ahi poke app, which was a little unusual in texture and flavorings, and delicious. My wife's Shrimp and Asparagus a la plancha (grilled), which came accompanied by a cilantro pesto, was one of the best dishes we've had in months, really superb. For dinner we shared a whole wok-fried snapper, which was fresh and cooked perfectly. The sauce was quite sweet, which I enjoyed but was not to my wife's taste. No matter, the fish was fine without it. Portions were huge. Service was prompt. Wine list was serviceable, if overpriced (as almost everywhere in Hawaii). Wide selection of local craft beers.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were introduced to Honu (and sister restaurant Mala) by our local tour guide, and we immediately fell in love with both of them. It is directly on the water (try to get a waterfront table), and the food is delicious. Honu is the more informal of the two with regard to menus, but they share a kitchen, and we discovered you could order food from either one. Great ambience, very friendly servers and great food. What more can you ask for on vacation. We ate a total of four meals at Honu and Mala because we couldn't find a place we liked better.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We wanted a farm-to-table restaurant and found this place in one of the magazines. The setting provides an excellent view and that started our meal out with a nice ambiance. We ordered the signature appetizer which is often the picture they use in advertisements. It is a seared ahi bruschetta with aged Balsamic dressing. It was pretty amazing admittedly. The rest of the meal was good, but I did not leave thinking that I had just had the best meal of my life or that it was exceptional. It was just okay. Amongst the amazing places to eat on Maui, I am glad I tried it, but not sure I would return.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We truly enjoyed our lunch at Honu. The decor/atmosphere was great, service was spot on and the food was great. Oh, and we sat right by the water on a little rock beach overlooking lanai and all the boats. The grilled Monchong was to-die-for and the kale salad (with pecorino, dates, walnuts and pomegranate) was incredibly tasty. Yes, it was a little pricey, but in this case you get what you pay for. I'm only sad that we have to leave Maui without time to go back to Honu!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I keep raving about Honu Seafood and Pizza. I have never been so impressed with such a variety on a menu, except for Lahaina Grill. Heather was our server and she was very responsive to myself, Katie and Bryce. The meal, again, is excellent in all ways. Wine selection and Drink Menu are extensive. Of course, any $5 glass of wine will make me happy. Please go on their web site and check out the menu, which could be a little dated as far as drinks offered.
If you put up a Web Site keep it current. I plan on eating here a few more times prior to heading back to WA state. Ask for Heather or Suzie as your servers and tell them Steve sent you. I might get a free T-Shirt for the referral. Did I mention seating is available 30 feet from the water.