“Amazing - service, food, view, turtles!”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: In 2010 Judy and Mark opened Honu Seafood & Pizza 20 feet away from Mala Ocean Tavern. A quintessential seafood eatery which has a fully unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean with 10 feet from waters edge.
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing - service, food, view, turtles!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic little restaurant. Looks like nothing from the outside but don't be fooled. It's busy in there! Make a reservation if you can, go for sunset and ask for a table by the water. We shared a yummy organic kale salad and then each got a gluten-free pizza as we were feeling like having a casual dinner. Everything was delicious. They had a great fish selection too. The view and sunset was so spectacular. Every staff member was friendly and very attentive. We will recommend to all our friends coming to Maui and we can't wait to come back!

• Visited August 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
California
“Excellent service and food, even during a tropical storm!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We ate here the night of July 29, 2013--the night Tropical Storm Flossie was going through the islands. There were a few leaks in the restaurant, and the winds were fierce, but through this all was exceptional service and food. We loved our meal here, and the fact that there was a huge storm going on made it even more memorable.

West Virginia
“Loved It!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great food and excellent service. The menu selections of burgers, pizza and fish covered the spectrum. The service was prompt and food was prepared quickly. I recommend it!

Ventura
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

To the tourist from California, this place doesn't look like much from the outside and the title of "seafood and pizza" left me suspicious....but walk in the door and wow! Adorable restaurant ON the water, killer view and amazing food. We had three kids with us....and so did half of the families in the restaurant....all of the non-kid parties probably had made reservations, because they were all on the patio with their toes practically touching the water. The place was consistently full for a Friday night, yet they were still able to fit in our party of 5. The ahi bruschetta and oyster shooters were wonderful, as was the Sauv Blanc from Napa. We loved the fresh fish Dorre style....it was incredibly flavor-packed with some amazing quinoa and veggies that I'm craving as I write this. The margarita pizza was dee-lish and a great size (would be perfect to split for 2 with a salad on another visit). We even split the French macaroons for dessert and managed to be dazzled (which says a lot, as we were in France earlier this year)!....the salted caramel was my favorite macaroon. I will say, the only thing you should be warned of is the $14 kids meal. I don't mind dining well for my husband and I....but the kids meal price was a bit too high. Actually, I would suggest having your kids split a kids meal as the portion was big (the kids fried chicken is basically to enormous fried chicken tenders which my two kids could of split easily). Last but not least, our service was fabulous! Enjoy, you won't be disappointed!

Visited August 2013
phoenix, AZ
“So diappointed”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We just went to their other restaurant next door 2 days ago and were hoping Honu would be its equal, but in our opinion, it fell way short!. The salad dressing had no discernible taste. It was just like white sauce on Romaine. I ordered the Asian seafood pasta and it did not resemble anything Asian. It was a bolognese sauce with Ahi. My hubby ordered the pizza with shrimp. Great pizza dough, but again, we thought the base was blah. Sorry! The place is quite charming, not fancy and it's right at the base of the ocean so it's a perfect place for viewing the sunset. I thought for what it is, the prices are quite high. Although, we loved the restaurant next door and we thought the prices were fine since we loved the food!