“Amazing, creative cooking”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Soups, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Albuquerque
“Amazing, creative cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our group of five had one of our best meals in Maui at Honu Seafood and Pizza. The menu is informative and offers some exciting prospects. We chose several appetizers, and they all delivered. I had the octopus and also ordered the Anson Mills grits (thanks so much for carrying this item). I ate the octopus and the grits together and found the combination wonderful. Others in my party had the oyster po'boy -- a simple dish, but exceptional at this fine restaurant. Another member of our group had pizza, which was also delicious. The wait staff was very helpful and friendly. Altogether our meal at Honu was a wonderful experience. Only caveat: bring money -- this place is not cheap.

• Visited February 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
East Lansing, Michigan
“What a great restaurant should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food here is every bit as good as you will get at Mama's Fish House and not nearly as expensive. The fish I had was superbly prepared. It was easily the best I've ever had! My wife was just a pleased with her meal. The service is second to none. They all ware shirts that have, "practice aloha", written on them. And they certainly live up to the slogan. Our server treated us as if we were old friends. The restaurant is located right on the shore for an excellent view. The photo of our desert is typical of Honu's presentation. It's mildly expensive, but you will still try to go there again.

• Visited January 2013
Hayward, CA
“Expensive but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Amazing fish entree on top of a savory quinoa pilaf. The crab louie salad was full of fresh crab that melted in my mouth.

Visited February 2013
“Friendly staff and killer views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just enjoyed a fantstic meal here. Some have complained about rich dishes, do yourself a favor and don't order rich dishes on vacation on a tropical island! Never a good idea. We had lots of seafood and their pizza of the day, phenomenal! The service from hostess to bartender to server and busboys was outstanding. I work in the industry and was so impressed by how seamless everything seemed. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Monterey, California
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped in an put our name on the list for a table. Sat at the bar and had a few great drinks with great service by the bar staff. Dinner was amazing! I ordered the special pizza with lemon ricotta and local boar sausage. It was beyond good. My clam chowder was very rich, and very excellent. The service was noticeably great and quite obvious that the owners train their staff very well. Overall a great experience and so far our best experience in Maui. Keep up the great work!

• Visited February 2013