“Fish so fresh...”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: In 2010 Judy and Mark opened Honu Seafood & Pizza 20 feet away from Mala Ocean Tavern. A quintessential seafood eatery which has a fully unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean with 10 feet from waters edge.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our dinner at Honu was perfect. Ono fish and chips, ahi poke, everything. Amazing. Service was attentive and friendly. We sat at the bar, and had two really great bartenders who took great care of us.

But let me tell you the best part...
I have been a proud Marylander for all 34 years of my life. After we ordered, our bartender took our menus, and placed an assortment of three condiments in front of me to use on my fish and chips. Ketchup, malt vinegar, and...OLD BAY!!!!!! :) I was so chuffed. Robbie- a local regular we were talking with- and the bartender had no idea why I was so stoked, so I had to fill them in and show them the logo on the back of the label that says "Maryland with Pride". Unless you are from Maryland, Delaware, or Virginia, you probably don't know anything about Old Bay, so I was chuffed to have it get top billing along side ketchup and malt vinegar so far from home :)

We will definitely eat here again when we visit Maui. Mahalo!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is just perfect. It is right on the beach, you can almost reach out and touch the water. The food is very good, we had some seafood pasta, fish and chips and a crab mac and cheese. Everybody was happy with their food - and the desert was a delicious penut butter mousse pie. It costs some money, but not too much for what you get.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wholly crap. I cant wait to go back. The service was outstanding, Heather was our Server she was one of the BEST servers I have ever had experience with. but even the hostess and the food runners were amazing. all making sure we got what we needed. I love when people really care and are knowledgeable in what they do. We were not sure what to try, I knew I loved the oyster shooters since they are the same as MALA restaurants (same owner/Chef), so we asked Heather what her favorites were and she did not do us any wrong. We had the Spanish octopus, And the crab sandwich, followed by a delicious Maui Brewing Co root beer float. Superb. MORE OYSTER SHOOTERS! Oh and the view............Cannot get a better view, Hello Turtles!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Oh my, I wish that this was near my home as I would eat here every week! Everything we had was made with the best ingredients and was cooked perfectly. The view from our table on the water was lovely and relaxing with the water lapping at our feet. it is pricey but worth every penny!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pricey but worth it. Great fish of the day!! Loved the mussels. The Ahi bruschetta was the best! Took the kids with us at 4:30...got them a delicious wood fire cheese pizza to share, they loved it. The staff gave the kids cute souvenirs to take home. The setting is beautiful!