“Mexican food in Hawaii”
Review of Ohana Tacos

Ohana Tacos
Ranked #69 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Ohana Tacos offers a wide variety of Mexican dishes including the Fish Tacos (most popular), Shrimp Tacos, green or red enchiladas with meat of your choice.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Good Mexican food for a reasonable price by Mauii standards. Fresh salsa bar. Fast friendly service, outside only.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Oscar wants to be known for the best fish tacos in West Maui and they are, but my other favorite is their ceviche tostadas. Everything else on the menu that I have had has been really good too. It is just a store front so it isn't fancy, unless you are a return customer, because they remember many of their returnees and acknowledg them warmly. Not just Oscar but his sons too. It's a family enterprise but if you go there more than once, you will feel like family too.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

One of my favorite places on the West Side. Prices are good, and the food is consistently excellent. Nice little family business with great service. I'd say it's the best meal you can get for under $15 out the door.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arroz is something I have enjoyed since I was a toddler, as my grandma had it with almost every meal I ate with her. Anywayso many restaurants don't do it well. They add veggies, it is too hard, or too moist, the list goes on and on.

This rice had the perfect balance of flavor and texture. It was both moist and fluffy at the same time. It was cooked softly, but not mushy. The tomato juice was apparent, but not dominant. I intend to contact them to see if they used a rice cooker. It was better than Grandma's and way better than my own.

I went there for the seafood tacos, which were tasty. I know people seem to put down the price, somehow expecting a taco to cost $1.79. That just isn't going to happen on Maui. For me, no use worrying about that.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The best fish tacos I ever ate!! Everything was fresh, the fish, the vegetables...the fish was not fried. It had just the right amount of heat. We did take-out on our first night there and were delighted.