“Will work in a pinch...”

Island press coffee
Ranked #9 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Lahaina
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Finding good coffee / espresso on a trip can be a challenge depending on where you are at. Island Press was one of three places we tried. I would call it serviceable, not bad nor great, hence the average rating. The people seemed friendly enough and the location is easy to to find. The espresso was bland for my taste, too much milk and not strong enough coffee. The atmosphere was low key and comfortable yet unassuming, though when I was there, there was a rush and it felt a little cramped. I did not get food, the options looked pretty standard fare for the area. In a pinch Island Press will work but I found another place that was a winner for my taste.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This little coffee joint serves great coffee and snacks. The prices are very reasonable and the staff is friendly. Opens at 6 or 630am, which makes it a great starting point if setting off on the Road to Hana.

1  Thank MindyS3
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As a coffee snob from Sydney, who has travelled to the US quite a bit over he past 5 years, I've always had trouble finding a decent coffee. Maybe it's the water, different milk, I don't know, but this is a common them with most Australians abroad. This place has semi decent coffee. Ask for a small (equivalent to an Australian large) double shot latte and it almost tastes like a flat white. The owner says he has a lot of Aussies in, so he knows what a flat white is and can even make an Aussie style iced coffee. Aside from that, prices are pretty reasonable, they make a great banana and Nutella sandwich, have me pretty good ice cream, smoothies and other simple but good food.free wifi as well.....I briefly became the foursquare mayor.
I drove here every day over my 8 day break in Kaanapali.

1  Thank em_be53
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I drove here twice from our hotel on our trip which ends tomorrow. Their coffee is very good and well worth the price, especially considering the high prices of Hawaii. In addition to coffee and other goodies, they also sell locally made Roselani ice cream which in our opinion is as good as any ice cream we have had anywhere. On both visits here Monica was our server. Monica is very nice and efficient.

2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stopped at this place 3 times during our August 2012 vacation. Good coffee, really good sandwiches for grab and go beach days. Loved the turkey/hummus wrap. Convenient. Staff was mediocre. Cheaper prices than the deli in the same strip mall.

1  Thank buddhalove2travel