Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,297 results
All reviews front street cleaning fee walking distance bath condo outrigger units pools property ac
Selected filters
Reviewed March 22, 2019

As usual, the Aina Nalu did not disappoint! My husband and I have stayed there every time we have visited Maui in the past 18 years and we love its location and amenities. Being so close to Front Street and the restaurants there is always immensely attractive to us.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank montanavisitor
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Although this is a great location, it is getting a bit run down. The rooms were not clean and the rugs smelled. The furniture is getting old and worn. The dishes were dirty in the cupboard so we had to wash them before we used them.
Positives
Location - you are right in the middle of town and easy to walk to most things. There are local buses that stop at back of Wharf if you need to go a bit further out - $2 one way or $4 for all day.
Great front desk help
No bugs in room

Negatives - if at back - you hear roosters and highway non-stop
Rude "concierge" lady who is only there to sell you trips.
Freezing cold swimming pools and a hot tub that varied from tepid to extremely hot daily
Not enough lounge chairs
Garbages full around resort because guests are too lazy to take them out back
Ridiculously high cleaning fee at end.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank cank
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Our 6th stay at Aina Nalu; this last unit - A-106 Malia - was depressing and deplorable - both cleanliness and condition of unit. Very dirty when we checked in; MOLD ALL OVER SHOWER [I bought bleach and spray it down]; used Q-tip and band-aide under the sink cabinet; entire tube of lotion behind commode; toilet seat really loose; large purple comb under bed along with accumulated dirt from who knows how many months; large pan in kitchen coated with dried food; serving spoon with dried green food caked on it; moved chair cushion since I dropped something and chair under cushion was filthy; I was afraid to even check the couch; warning that if 4 pool towels not in room when we left, we would be fined - only had 3 pool towels in room when we checked in [had I not reported their error guess I would have been held responsible]; only 3 sets of bath towels when we checked in; dryer vent badly needed deep cleaning; louvered doors in front of washer/dryer were coated with dirt. Whoever paid $208.33 cleaning fee plus tax before we checked in was cheated. Condition of unit - numerous stains on carpet; tops of bedside tables severely cracked and peeling; padded covering around floor length mirror disgusting; glass broken in picture on wall in bedroom; chunks out of walls in several places; bar stools looked nasty; lampshades in living room and bedroom very insecure and DIRTY; full kitchen ? - not one bowl that could be placed in the oven for baking; smoke alarm began beeping one night at 8 p.m.- they could not get anyone to address problem until 10 a.m. the next day - so smoke alarm BEEPED ALL NIGHT!!; blind rod for turning slats in blinds in living room was disconnected and on the floor when we checked in. With the exception of 2018, every year the unit was a little dirtier and a little more disheveled than the year before. This experience made us rent through VRBO for next year and forego the joke of a clean unit through Aina Nalu. They used to claim they inspected after cleaning; the inspector must have been a graduate of the School for the Blind. Now Aina Nalu desk claims they have no control since contractor cleans.That makes it easy for them to ignore the major problems. We stayed 28 days and it would have been nice to have a clean unit with a little charm!!!!!!!!!! When checking out was told would receive by e-mail an evaluation survey from Outrigger. After two weeks I called the desk; no evaluation from Outrigger; well they didn't know why I didn't receive one and they have no way to send one to me. How convenient!

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed February 22, 2019

We stayed in this 2BR/2BA unit for a couple of nights in January. This is a large complex and wasn't super crowded when we were there. The unit we had was nice, clean, and comfortable. Balconies are stamp sized, so it's not really for hanging out. The first pool area is very nice and easy to get to from our condo. Didn't spend any time at the other one. The complex is very near the Lahaina downtown and was great to be able to walk all over, although this unit is about as far from the entrance as you can get. I actually liked that. I would recommend this unit/condo to my friends.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We paid a lot of money (UK £) for 11 nights in this resort. I would certainly not describe the accommodation as luxury. The photographs on various websites make the rooms look bigger and they don’t tell you that there are additional costs until you arrive. You really need a car in Maui but parking one here overnight will cost $20 a night. We had a number of issues that needed attending to right at the start of our stay and while they were sorted I didn’t get the impression that there was ownership of our problems and therefore felt kind of let down. The air conditioning in our unit was essential but you couldn’t sleep if it was on - too noisy. Overall pretty disappointed with Aina Nalu.

Date of stay: February 2019