Easy to find just behind the main through road, I arrived on Sunday afternoon for a week's stay on Maui, but as for 'Aloha" ....... ?! I was confronted by the most unwelcoming welcome I have had at any hotel, ever – xyz the Sunday receptionist at the Outrigger Aina Nalu, had clearly graduated with honours from charm-removal school. She was disinterested, unhelpful and unfriendly. On the map of the complex she rapidly circled various facilities and services, of which I missed a couple, on asking her to repeat the last two, she folded the map, passed it over with a scowl and told me all I needed to know was on the back. I then had the temerity to enquire whether my room was a Garden View room as booked – “All our rooms are Garden View rooms!” she spat. When I returned to ask, as instructed on the back of ‘the map’, for the access codes for the complementary WiFi at the Pool Area, her response was a staccato “What WiFi?”. When I explained, she stated that there was only WiFi at the pool area - not so, also at reception - and there were no access codes. I’m so glad that I asked!
Although the garden view consisted of a row of palms separating the sitting and bedrooms from a courtyard, and the rooms were a little dark, the place was enormous and fully kitted – the kitchen/diner, sitting room, bedroom, utility and shower-room were clean and well appointed. The complex is set in large well kept gardens with two pools, barbecuing facilities and has three free WiFi hotspots. It is towards the back of Lahaina, which means that it is away from the hustle and bustle of the main drag, but it is only a three minute walk to Front Street and the harbour. As for the parking charges, yes they are steep and irritating, but parking isn't always easy on the very busy and narrow streets, so it is a small price to pay. If they didn't charge, no doubt the rates would rise!
All in all, it was a great place to stay and explore Maui, I would certainly go again, but my rating reflects the intermittent quality of reception, they were generally better than xyz, but not always and she was there to see me off the premises when I left, her usual surly and 'irritated at the inconvenience of it all' self. Pity really, it took the edge of an otherwise enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina