“I don't want to write this but I have to..”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I don't want to share that I had the most amazing stay and best kept secret of Maui because I don't want this place to get so popular that I can't get a room when I need one.

But I needed to write this review. This place was great.

I go to Maui a lot. And I love this property. Great rooms. Great location. Great price.

Please stay away from here! I want availability when I go!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheNutleyNut
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Aloha TheNutleyNut,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful and humorous review. We are so glad you enjoy staying here at the property. Please contact me directly if you need any assistance in booking your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

oan@outrigger.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were in town to meet family and to attend a wedding. The suite was great. Two bedrooms, two baths, comfortable living space and well equipped kitchen. The layout of property is easy to navigate with grills in two locations as well as two lovely swimming pools with canopied double chaise and uncovered. It was the perfect place to relax at the beginning of vacation.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Aloha laurie w,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at the property. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed for 9 nights in March of this year. The accommodations were excellent and the service second to none. The complex is well run and we felt extremely secure while staying there. It's so close to downtown and the local restaurants. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim D
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Aloha Tim D,

thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in March. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have stayed at this property 3 times over 3 years now and will probably be going back. There are 3 of us (2 adults and a 12 year old), as well as on occasion, family coming from overseas. The staff is friendly, pool atmosphere is great for families, activities booth is helpful, and on-sight BBQ's are in pretty good shape and well stocked with propane. The property is also perfectly located walking distance to the grocery store (Foodland) and the greater downtown and marina area. The unit itself is well appointed and in good shape. I would recommend a couple things that would make the location even better, in room wifi, as i understand it the private units in some instances do contain in room wifi, however the resort managed units do not. Our unit had a hard wire connection which is not "i" friendly for apple devices. Wifi is available in the common areas though but I'd rather not have to walk around and hunt for a good signal first thing in the morning. The other area for improvement would be lower rates for parking. Rates were at 17 a day, which after a week or 2 start adding up. Finally, we did find that one of the BBQ's was completely sooted out, which didn't go to well with trying to cook steaks. We found a suitable replacement but i'd like to see these burned out BBQ's either cleaned or replaced. Other than that, great place to stay.

Room Tip: resort managed units do not have wifi but privately owned may have it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ZimZim1
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Aloha ZimZim1,

thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I'm delighted you chose to come back for a third stay. Please contact me directly regarding the grill as I would like to be sure this gets passed on to the appropriate person.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Outrigger's best point is its location. Within 10 min walking distance to restaurants & few beaches within 20-30 min walking distance. Unit includes AC unit in den & bedroom. Full furnished kitchen. Towels & beach towels furnished. Maid service available with additional charge. 2 salt water pools. Good lounge chairs by pools, some uncovered and some covered. Great concierge that can explain and pre-book areas sights. We booked a helicopter ride, horseback riding, snorkeling, and an Elvis show (very entertaining). Will definitely return to this property. Very, very convenient and also very relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Coconut wing and found it to be fine. Was out first visit. We actually connected...

Aloha Cindy H,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm glad you enjoyed your first stay at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. You are correct, the property is in a very convenient location. I'm glad you were able to find your way around Lahaina town. For the pools though, the smaller pool which is located near the lobby is actually a chlorinated pool.

Your review was very helpful and we hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed there for 6 nights with my wife and it was just perfect. Apartment was comfortable and sell equipped. We liked decoration and style.
Pools are very nice and not so much crowded giving number of units.
Lahaina is a small town so everything is easily available by walking.
From our trip in 3 islands, this was the best hotel we had. Would gladly come back. Nothing to criticize except one tiny thing...

It is unfortunate that there is a parking fee. With so many places available... as others said, there are some free parking places around so it was ok but still. Paying 17$ a day, not possible for us.
A part from that, everything was great.

Room Tip: Ask for units on first floor to have some light (if you like it).
1  Thank Guelson

Aloha Guelson,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the property and also enjoyed the convenient location. After realizing how centrally located the Outrigger Aina Nalu is, some guests prefer not to rent a car. It looks as though that may better suit you next time.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great place to stay! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We had a one bedroom and it was unbelievable! Clean, spacious, full kitchen (great for making meals), quiet, great place and the staff were nice and helpful. The only thing is there was only wifi in the lobby but direct plug-in in the bedroom so if you need internet in your room, plan on bringing a laptop. Overall great place!

3  Thank MPFournier

Aloha MPFournier,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your honeymoon stay. It seems as though staying in a condo is perfect for your travel style.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We hope you will return very soon.