“Beware of fine print when booking on their website”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I want to start off by saying this is a beautiful place to stay, The grounds are well maintained, the saline pool was gorgeous, the showers in the unit were awesome!
We booked online through the Aina Nalu website, it was a last minute booking, and came to $200 per night for two nights in a one bedroom unit, when checking in we were informed of an additional $95 cleaning fee on top of the rate quoted us, this is when were told it was there on the website in the fine print. We had no other choice but to pay it as we were within the 24 hour cancellation period.
We loved the fact that there is a washer and dryer, dishwasher, full refridgerator, cooking utensils, and a safe in the room.
The shower in our unit was large, had great water pressure, it kind of reminded me of walking into a cave!

Room Tip: Pick at least a one bedroom unit as the studio units are very small we found out the hard way on our...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gramps_P-21
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Aloha Gramps_P-21,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you did not know about the check out cleaning fee in advance. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I hope next time you will be able to stay longer and take better advantage of the amenities in the unit.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is our fourth time at Aina Nalu and we haven't found anything really bad yet. We liked the new cleaning format. Just pay one cleaning cost for the entire stay and you don't have to pickup stuff every day for them to clean. We were in a different part of the complex this time and found it just as quiet and comfortable. I really wish we would have purchased one of the units two years ago when we had the opportunity. There is no better location for visiting Front Street and for taking our whale watching cruises.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different areas of the complex and all were great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank zackkirby
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Aloha zackkirby,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We agree that the Outrigger Aina Nalu is a great "home base" for the various activities available to guests.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Over all we were very pleased with the facilities and it's employees. We were treated well by all and loved our room and all that was available to us.
We were in Hawaii for 2 weeks so we wanted someplace that was more like an apartment and this was it. Everything we needed to cook in was available. Also had a dishwasher, great not having to wash dishes. We had a washer and dryer, which meant we could have brought less clothing with us!
The bed was very comfortable and there was a T.V. in the living room and bedroom. If we needed anything extra all we had to do was ask.
With 2 pools there was always chairs to be found. Plus grills in the pool area. You could cook dinner while lounging at the pool.
The Concierge was great. She gave us some good deals and even recommended a few things on the side that we might be interested in, such as golf courses in our price range.
Everything was kept clean and tidy. The only thing I found wrong was that they could do a deeper cleaning of the rooms more often. The main areas were clean though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jooles11

Aloha jooles11,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm glad you were able to have a great vacation. 2 weeks is a long time to stay and I'm pleased you were able to make the most of your stay by taking advantage of the amenities provided staying at a condo property.

I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding a deep clean of the units. Please contact me so I can be sure to note the correct unit number for housekeeping to inspect. Our guests are our best eyes when it comes to potential problems in the unit and they are able to see things that our staff sometimes miss.

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please also let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was compelled to write a review after reading a disappointing review. We stayed here for 14 days and enjoyed it immensely. We had a 2 bedroom condo on the ground floor close to the front entrance. The larger pool and hottub is where we hung out and it was never over crowed. There is a smaller pool but we liked the larger pool area better. Our room was modern and well layed out. You can walk into town for dinner or lunch as it is just a short walk. There is also a nice beach in close proximity as well which we enjoyed walking on for a stretch. We had grandkids with us so we bbq'd quite abit at the condo. Made a run to Costco and did alot of our meals at Aina Nalu. Everything was great and i would stay here again in a heartbeat. If your looking for a party atmosphere this is not the place. It is more families and couples. If you are booking just be careful which condo you pick as some folks at the back condos complained of the roosters waking them up early in the morning. We did not experience any of this. The only con: parking was $20.00 a day and $15.00 across the street which we were originally told it would be $15 and 10. We did manage to get parking most days on the street for free. If you have kids a good resturant to go to was Cool Cats. We also enjoyed a good pizza at Lahaina Pizzeria. We loved maui and hope to return again. Hope this was helpful. Aloha!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Doam2014
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Aloha Don-Pam M,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the property and you have posted a very informative review. You have brought up some very good points for our future guests.

We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Just checked out this morning after a week stay. The property is deceiving from the initial view. Looks tiny, but wow! There are a ton of condos there. We had the 2bd/2ba unit for 4 adults and 2 pre-teens. Accommodations were quite nice for the $. No complaints. Master bed was good, although no four seasons, but we didn't pay four seasons rates either lol. If you must have wifi, bring a router, cuz ya don't have that luxury, but that's easy. Only sucky part is paying to park, but eh, it's Maui, who cares lol.

Washer and dryer inside was a major plus as it was not included in the Outrigger property my wife and I stayed at in Poipu on Kauai 2 years ago didn't, and it was quite costly. Made it super easy to maintain for 6 people.

Shopping, restaurants, and attractions were literally 2 blocks away. Front Street was simply a walk straight down Dickerson and you run right into it. If you need to do any grocery shopping, opt for foodland as they are cheapest. The property gave a free rootbeer float card to us at check I for Cool Cat Cafe... Use it, they are good there.

I would absolutely stay again and recommend to friends and family looking to stay in Lahaina Town.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Aloha Josh S,

thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and provided some great points for future travelers. It's wonderful when guests are able to appreciate the convenience in location of the property.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had 2bed/2bath for 4 adults. The living room had seating for 3. The couch was very uncomfortable. The dining table had 2 chairs & 2 chairs at counter--the joke was "do you prefer the table by the back door or the counter outside the bathroom". The mattress in the smaller bedroom needs to be replaced. The facility is "tired" and needs a refresher.
Not as near to town for walking as we understood--therefore needed to take the car every evening for dinner--result, additional parking fees in town.
When I went out to walk early in the morning, I was advised it was not safe to walk alone at 6:30 AM--that wasn't in the info. Just some of the things that will not bring us back here.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank lynn v

Aloha lynn v,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is unfortunate you were not comfortable in your unit. Although the units do not have dining tables and chairs in the unit, we do have plastic tables and chairs that can be requested through the Front Desk on a request basis. Please contact me directly about your unit at your earliest convenience so we can correct the mattress issue.

In regard to the town, I'm not sure which one you are referring to as we are minutes from Front Street and located in the middle of Lahaina town. Please also contact me in regard to it "not being safe to walk alone at 6:30am). Although you should always proceed with caution when in a new location there are many guests and locals walking/jogging around town before and after that time.

Please allow me to apologize once again as it seems you were misinformed during your stay. I would love to go over the many reasons guests come back to the Outrigger Aina Nalu time and again as well as discuss the issues you had during your stay. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This place was the cheapest we paid for our stay on 3 Hawaiian islands, and was by far the best. As honeymooners, we got an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment from the studio we paid for. It was amazing. Lots of furniture, fully featured kitchen, etc. We really enjoyed our stay here.

I made the mistake of reading some of the negative reviews on here before we arrived and I got a bit freaked out about bed bugs and other pests. When we arrived, the two of us went through the beds and inspected the carpets and other areas and we found absolutely no trace of any insects or dirt. The apartment was very clean.

The only bad things I can mention are that the complex is a bit hard to navigate, especially at night where certain paths are poorly illuminated, if illuminated at all. Oh, and we got slapped with a $40 cleaning fee when we checked out, and we were not sure why it wasn't just included in the price and why we weren't told about it earlier.

But overall we are very satisfied with our stay here and well probably stay here again if we ever come back to Lahaina!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oliver C

Aloha Oliver C,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm happy our staff was able to upgrade you and enhance such a special occasion trip. I'm sorry you were not aware of the check out cleaning cost ahead of time however it looks like you booked early enough last year to have been charged our previous fee.

I will pass along your comments about the nighttime lighting to the property manager.

oan@outrigger.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#2 of 3 in Kahului
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!