“Best Bang For Your $”

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Riverside, California
“Best Bang For Your $”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Just checked out this morning after a week stay. The property is deceiving from the initial view. Looks tiny, but wow! There are a ton of condos there. We had the 2bd/2ba unit for 4 adults and 2 pre-teens. Accommodations were quite nice for the $. No complaints. Master bed was good, although no four seasons, but we didn't pay four seasons rates either lol. If you must have wifi, bring a router, cuz ya don't have that luxury, but that's easy. Only sucky part is paying to park, but eh, it's Maui, who cares lol.

Washer and dryer inside was a major plus as it was not included in the Outrigger property my wife and I stayed at in Poipu on Kauai 2 years ago didn't, and it was quite costly. Made it super easy to maintain for 6 people.

Shopping, restaurants, and attractions were literally 2 blocks away. Front Street was simply a walk straight down Dickerson and you run right into it. If you need to do any grocery shopping, opt for foodland as they are cheapest. The property gave a free rootbeer float card to us at check I for Cool Cat Cafe... Use it, they are good there.

I would absolutely stay again and recommend to friends and family looking to stay in Lahaina Town.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Aloha Josh S,

thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and provided some great points for future travelers. It's wonderful when guests are able to appreciate the convenience in location of the property.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

oan@outrigger.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sidney, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had 2bed/2bath for 4 adults. The living room had seating for 3. The couch was very uncomfortable. The dining table had 2 chairs & 2 chairs at counter--the joke was "do you prefer the table by the back door or the counter outside the bathroom". The mattress in the smaller bedroom needs to be replaced. The facility is "tired" and needs a refresher.
Not as near to town for walking as we understood--therefore needed to take the car every evening for dinner--result, additional parking fees in town.
When I went out to walk early in the morning, I was advised it was not safe to walk alone at 6:30 AM--that wasn't in the info. Just some of the things that will not bring us back here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank lynn v
Aloha lynn v,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is unfortunate you were not comfortable in your unit. Although the units do not have dining tables and chairs in the unit, we do have plastic tables and chairs that can be requested through the Front Desk on a request basis. Please contact me directly about your unit at your earliest convenience so we can correct the mattress issue.

In regard to the town, I'm not sure which one you are referring to as we are minutes from Front Street and located in the middle of Lahaina town. Please also contact me in regard to it "not being safe to walk alone at 6:30am). Although you should always proceed with caution when in a new location there are many guests and locals walking/jogging around town before and after that time.

Please allow me to apologize once again as it seems you were misinformed during your stay. I would love to go over the many reasons guests come back to the Outrigger Aina Nalu time and again as well as discuss the issues you had during your stay. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This place was the cheapest we paid for our stay on 3 Hawaiian islands, and was by far the best. As honeymooners, we got an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment from the studio we paid for. It was amazing. Lots of furniture, fully featured kitchen, etc. We really enjoyed our stay here.

I made the mistake of reading some of the negative reviews on here before we arrived and I got a bit freaked out about bed bugs and other pests. When we arrived, the two of us went through the beds and inspected the carpets and other areas and we found absolutely no trace of any insects or dirt. The apartment was very clean.

The only bad things I can mention are that the complex is a bit hard to navigate, especially at night where certain paths are poorly illuminated, if illuminated at all. Oh, and we got slapped with a $40 cleaning fee when we checked out, and we were not sure why it wasn't just included in the price and why we weren't told about it earlier.

But overall we are very satisfied with our stay here and well probably stay here again if we ever come back to Lahaina!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oliver C
Aloha Oliver C,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm happy our staff was able to upgrade you and enhance such a special occasion trip. I'm sorry you were not aware of the check out cleaning cost ahead of time however it looks like you booked early enough last year to have been charged our previous fee.

I will pass along your comments about the nighttime lighting to the property manager.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We enjoyed Maui very much. I did enjoy the condo that we stayed in for 9 days. It was 2 bedroom, 2 bath and was mainly clean when we got there. I did not option for the cleaning service as it was expensive and I didn't think the place was that clean when I got there. I thought if that's how they clean then "No Thanks!" There was nothing spectacular at this property but it was nice and we really enjoyed the Town Lahaina. My daughters found that there were not enough beds at the pools and people would go put something on the bed and leave holding the bed for the day and come and go as they please. Maybe this is common practice everywhere but it's not right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Val H
Aloha Val H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I apologize that the unit was not up to your standards. When something like this happens please try to bring it to our attention so we can correct the problem.

In regard to the beds around the pool I will be sure to forward your comments to the property manager. Perhaps we can come up with something so this will not be a problem on your next stay with us.

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

the room was good for our group of 6. however the path to the carpark was beside our bedroom window so we were woken several times each night by people scuffing along loudly talking to others. we went to the spa and pool area and the pool water had lots of things floating in it so we thought we'd try the spa but it was dirty and was boiling hot to the point where children couldn't even dangle their legs in it and when those who bravely sat in the spa got out they emerged with red boiled skin on the areas of their body that were submerged. I was really looking forward to some relaxing time in the spa but my feet were swollen and burnt after dangling them in for five minutes. please turn the spa temp down!the free cable internet was helpful but only free Wi-Fi at reception.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank kdonBrisbane
Aloha kdonBrisbane,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I will be sure to forward your comments to the property manager in regard to the hot tub, however please be advised that temperature preferences are different for each guest. On many days we have guests saying it is not hot enough after someone else says it is too hot.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance at this time.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Aina Nalu! We had a two bedroom, two bath unit, with laundry, on the second floor. While I've read some complaints about cleanliness our room was very nice. We enjoyed both pools and used the barbecues. We also made good use of the cabana house. I agree with some of the reviews regarding lack of internet in the rooms, it would be nice to stay connected however there was wifi available in both the lobby and cabana.

The location was amazing! Just a short walk to fantastic Front street! The beaches in Lahaina aren't great so we usually went to Ka'anapali, Napili or Makenna, no shortage of good beaches near by!

I would have given five stars except I didn't like to pay for parking. I believe it should have been included in the price. The lots were far from full!!

Overall, we loved our time here! Staff were all very friendly and helpful!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie W
Aloha Laurie W,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location as well as use it as a home base for beach trips. Unfortunately we do not bundle the parking rate as many of our guests choose to walk or take the Maui bus instead of renting a car for their stay.

Please let me know me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great time staying at Aina Nalu for 7 nights in our 2 br 2 bath ground end unit. The accommodations were perfect. My 3 year old son loved the pools and we loved being so close to Lahaina. The beach chairs and umbrella were a wonderful (and useful) surprise. We left a bucket of sand toys behind for those coming in next. The condo is ideally located just 2 blocks from Front St in Lahaina and an easy car trip to the "nice beaches" just a few miles north.

If you do your research before you book, you will love this place.

The parking situation wasn't ideal but we knew about it before hand. Street parking was fairly easy to find but it would have been nice to pay for parking at the condo on a night to night basis instead of having to pay for all nights.

Those complaining in other reviews that there is no daily maid service, room service, poolside service obviously didn't do their research. This is a condo...not a hotel.

We'll be back.

Mahalo,
Brian

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank yoc187
Aloha yoc187,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us.